Old Growth Forests

(250) 643-1385

Old Growth Forests British Columbia Reviews

excitement exciteme…
Old Growth Forests of British Columbia Jul 04, 2011
There are forests that still remain in British Columbia that have old growth trees. These forests are decreasing and have been for decades. I think everyone should experience a stroll through any old growth forest.It is a chance to see what nature can create naturally. The forests are soaked with history that give a magical appeal.

I went to an old growth forest on Vancouver Island called Avatar Grove. It is located a couple hours north of Victoria in a town called Port Renfrew. Avatar Grove is one of the forests that is endangered by forestry. The forest is named after the blockbuster hit Avatar as it also represents the fight against unfavourable, destructive forces. While I was walking around the forest I noticed this one "huge" fallen tree. I was completely amazed! I walked over to the huge tree and leaned against it. Then I started to look up and "bam" there was another huge tree standing right in front of me. It was one of the most amazing things that Ive ever experience. The forest floor was sponge like soft with all the old tree debris that now was the ground. The feeling I encountered was incredible and I wish for everyone to experience the same thing.

I recently just visited an old growth forest called Hidden Groves located in Sechelt. These trees weren't as big as Avatar grove but the trees were still old and big and the forest still had that majestic appeal. Hidden Groves has many little trails and has a couple few points. The trail that I took seemed to have different themes to the forest. At first it was the moss covered forest, then the tall oaks, and then the fern covered forest. I will be back for sure to show everyone I know about these place. It was amazing.

Check British Columbia Hotel Deals