Old Faithful Inn Yellowstone National Park

Check Yellowstone National Park Hotel Deals

Old Faithful Inn Yellowstone National Park Reviews

grandmar grandmar
Rambling Old Buliding Jun 10, 2010
Parking at the Inn was a bit of a problem as it was kind of rainy and there was a veteran car rally there and the really old cars were under the porte cochere. But eventually I found a place and we walked in a registered. They gave us keys (real keys, not the ones like a credit card) and we were in the East Wing - third floor on the front. That meant walking along a corridor, turning down another corridor, walking half the length of the East Wing to the elevator and then walking all the way back to our room. It was quite a hike for me.

I parked near the East Wing, so I tended to go in the side door. If I was in the lobby, I would walk to the stairs near our room and climb one set of stairs and then rest or take some photos and then do the rest of the climb to the third floor. If I was in the room, I would go down one flight and then walk across the breezeway and then go down another flight to the lobby.

The lobby is amazing. It is almost impossible to do it justice in a picture.

The Inn will be open May 7 - October 17, 2010.

In our room was a felt buffalo that we could buy to support the park. There was a shrank/wardrobe, and this time it was not a TV cabinet (the one in Salt Lake City had doors that you could push back into the cabinet to reveal the TV), but just a place for clothes, and there was a little fan in there. There was no televisions, radios, air conditioning, or internet available at all. There was a phone.

The bathroom was in a 20s style, and the sink and mirror was outside the bathroom so someone could shave while someone else was using the shower. I had ordered box lunches for the next day because the tour was scheduled to leave at 8:15 and get back about 5. My grandson was in the shower when the wake-up call came at 6:30. He said was alternately freezing and scalding.

Our window looked out toward Old Faithful and you could see if it was going off from the window. This was very convenient for my grandson who is much more mobile and he was able to run outside to take pictures very quickly

They did not tell us anything about needing a ticket for the next day although they mentioned that we were doing it.
Old faithful Inn
Looking up in the lobby
Bathroom
Our rooom with the shrank (wardrob…
diisha392 diisha392
Dec 10, 2007
While Old Faithful Inn does not have a lot of modern amenities (no pool or TV), I give it five stars for the atmosphere. It fits in beautifully with its wilderness setting. The lobby is amazing with a huge fireplace stretching five stories. Balconies on the second and third levels provide relaxing areas from which to listen to live piano music or enjoy an evening treat such as ice cream or coffee. The second floor balcony also extends outside where it is possible to watch an eruption of Old Faithful. Writing desks with silhouetted lamps provide space for reading or finishing postcards to send home.

The dining room, gift shop, ice cream/sandwich shop, and reservation desk are all on the first floor. During our visit a small art show (with pieces for sale) was tucked in the corner next to the gift shop.

The rooms are either in the old section or one of two "new" wings (both from pre-1940). The ones in the old section do not have their own bathrooms although they do have a sink. We always stay in one of the wings. The rooms are comfortably furnished and fit in with the overall rustic theme. The cabinet where normally a TV hides instead provides additional storage. The bathroom is modern with bear-shaped soaps.
gable
writing desk on second floor balco…
the Inn
the lobby

Old Faithful Inn Yellowstone National Park Overview

Located adjacent to the world famous Old Faithful Geyer, the rustic-style lodge, with log and wood shingle exterior is as a national historic landmark & is the most requested lodging facility in the park. Rooms are reflecting the natural surroundings of Yellowstone: TV, radio, AC, & internet hook-ups are not available. High-Range Attractive modern furnishings with a private bath. Tub/shower or shower only. Renovated in 1998/99. Rooms without Bath: Charming yet basic rooms with a sink with hot/cold water. Shared bathrooms with private showers located down the hall.

Old Faithful Inn Amenities