Old Edwards Inn & Spa Highlands

Old Edwards Inn & Spa Highlands Rates and Deals

Old Edwards Inn & Spa Highlands Reviews

vances vances
Perfection? Nov 29, 2014
Okay, so I did not stay here. However, this destination is too outrageous not to make the TB nation aware. Not to mention I have eaten here and bought my ex-wife a really BIG gift certificate to stay here several years ago - that purchase makes me feel like a partial owner!

The motivation for treating my wife to this splendor was learning it was the first (and only) spa/resort to earn a perfect “100” rating from Conde Nast magazine. That is high praise, and Kim echoed royal treatment was status quo. Both Kim and Caren (a friend from Maine who joined her for a girls’ weekend) raved about the deluxe appointments of their room, not to mention the astonishing breadth and quality of facilities.

While the Old Edwards complex seems to spill throughout the village, the main lodging site is a splendid original two-story structure, built around 1880. As their footprint expanded, Old Edwards occupied adjacent buildings and now offer a wide selection of rooms, townhouses and cottages. The splendid spa facility is a separate, enormous building chock full of massage rooms and exercise equipment. Though you can spoil yourself beyond belief, the reason my GC was so big is because most everything comes as extra charges, the pricing quite dear.

There’s yet another massive facility just outside the village, housing the clubhouse for their top shelf golf course. How luxurious can you get?

Naturally this is all topped off with highly touted dining facilities, and I did venture over for breakfast at Madison’s (one of EIGHT options for ordering food on premise!). Unfortunately, I found service lacking. I was seated in a narrow branch off the main dining room. There were four booths against a wall on one side, a narrow (no more than two feet wide) aisle and small tables for two opposite against the windows. There was one other couple eating here and the hostess dropped me directly across from them. Felt like I was sitting at the table with them we were so close and they spoke to each other in whispers once I dropped in.

I had a different server than my neighbors, one who took several minutes to arrive and take my drink order. Once I finally got my coffee she never returned before it was cold, and eventually empty, although my companions were consistently warmed (of course their waitress wouldn’t even look at me, let alone deign to drop any coffee in my cup).

My Farmer’s Omelet was really quite good and priced reasonably, which came as a surprise. A good experience beyond the service. I’ve racked my brains trying to recall whether Kim and Caren commented on this, but nothing comes up. However, bottom line is they certainly did not gush about service as they did everything else. Perhaps I got torpedoed as an outsider (I honestly did not expect to be permitted to dine within), but beyond that glitch this is the spot for extravagance!
The original building for Old Edwa…
The luxury of Old Edwards spills a…
Fitness Center is an entirely sepa…
Seating at Madison's, one of eight…
vances says:
May have been high expectations on my part, but it was surprising, Bill...and disappointing.
Posted on: Dec 22, 2014
Zagnut66 says:
The poor service is surprising, but at least the food is good.
Posted on: Dec 21, 2014

Old Edwards Inn & Spa Highlands Overview

The Old Edwards Inn & Spa Highlands is situated close to locations for various outdoor activities. These include whitewater rafting, rock climbing, mountain biking, wilderness trekking, canoeing, kayaking and hiking.

Accommodation types at the Old Edwards Inn & Spa Highlands include guest rooms, suites and cottages. These units are equipped with LCD televisions, wireless Internet connections, dual-line telephones and safe-deposit boxes. Private patios or terraces with/without views of Main Street and Highlands can be found in some accommodations.

The Old Edwards Inn & Spa Highlands offers amenities to both business and leisure guests. This Highlands accommodation provides a 24-hour business center, meeting/banquet facilities, wedding services, spa services, a fitness center, an outdoor heated pool and a golf course. On-site dining options include the Spa Cafe, Madison’s Restaurant and the Hummingbird Lounge.

Old Edwards Inn & Spa Amenities

• Walking
  • Desk
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower