Old ColonialLima, peru

Old ColonialLima, peru - Old Lima at night

Old ColonialLima, peru Reviews

rsvpme rsvpme
Sights to make History Buffs need Sunglasses Sep 20, 2013
For years my wish list has included all the sites of the New World. Lima, Peru is no different. I wanted to see the core of this great city, old Central Lima.

It has always surprised me that most Trav Buddy members seem to jump past Lima, in favor of the shopping mall of Miraflores. They mostly write off Lima as a place to pass; yet this is a city of 9.5 million people with all the attractions that 9.5 million brings to the table. Most of the blogs and reviews suggest that Lima is a place to simply rush through. I disagree.

Realities and perceptions are dramatically changed, if one takes the time to scratch the surface of this great city. A city does not have 9.5 million inhabitants without a cultural component.

From Miraflores on the ocean edge of Lima, by taxi, to the old Colonial Lima Centre cost about 18 soles or $ 7 Canadian/American dollars. The trip is well worth the money to see another one of the cores of New World civilization.

How does one see the history of the Spanish conquest of Peru. If we view by the remaining architecture it is utterly fantastic. I was so taken by this area that I visited first on Sunday night, then went back for a full day on Monday.

The architecture is in mint condition and the churches are magnificent. One after the other, my mental taste buds were stimulated.

This is a treat, for anyone who is a history buff, and is very impressive.

For me ..a NO miss location. I came to Peru to see..not to shop..so was rewarded!
Colonial Lima at night
Colonial Lima at night
Old Lima at night
Old Lima at night
rsvpme says:
Hamzah- It has the old world charm in the central secti0n.
Posted on: Nov 26, 2013
Hamzah says:
Beautiful city, Jim
Posted on: Nov 25, 2013
rsvpme says:
Interesting and true observation...also perhaps a tie to the consumer generation mentality.
Posted on: Oct 29, 2013