Olbrich Botanical Gardens

www.olbrich.org - (608) 246-4550

Olbrich Botanical Gardens Madison Reviews

mistyleatherneck mistylea…
Free tourist spot in Madison WI May 20, 2011
Mom Rick David and I decided to head into Wisconsin since we had enough traffic in Chicago the majority of the week. I had to drive to Chicago Monday when she arrived, Tuesday we went to the Chicago Botanical Gardens, Thursday we went to the Chicago Zoo and of course I had to take her and Rick to Chicago to head back home on Sunday.

We followed the directions to the Gardens and were told that there was plenty to see. Mom and I were skeptical that not much would be in bloom this time of year in Wisconsin. For the most part we were right. But this particulary day there was a wedding taking place so we saw all the beautiful dresses, suits and flowers in the garden. Apparently there are many weddings at these Botanical Gardens.

We did see the Herb garden, the Thai garden/ monument, the Shady Garden, the Rock Garden, the Bird garden and some of the beautiful plants that are in season this time of year. I am sure soon enough the Rose Garden will be magnificent.

We walked and walked and went in the gift shop. There was also a sale on plants in the gift shop.

This was another relaxing day to spend with minimal traffic if any and I don't remember any except when we left the gardens and headed home during rush hour.

I highly recomment this spot to anyone passing thru Madison! and make sure one goes in the summer!

Check Madison Hotel Deals