Oktoberfest Accommodations

Munich, Germany

Oktoberfest Accommodations Munich Reviews

Eric Eric
Aug 20, 2007
I would definitely book as early as possible, because rooms definitely fill up. I stayed at Jaeger's Hostel (see my other review). I ended up getting a cheap double room with a friend, but my other two friends got put in a common room/hostel area with a few other people. We booked about a month or so ahead of time and were extremely lucky to find a place at all. I had a few friends who couldn't find a place to stay and were just planning to rent a car and sleep in it, because even all of the campgrounds were full. Book early, especially if you already know you are going to be there!

In looking for a hotel/hostel, the main thing I would focus on would be to book a place as close to the fairgrounds as possible, so that you can easily walk there. Jaeger's was a 10-15 walk, which wasn't too bad.
Swampfox1949 says:
Myself and three other retired Air Force are planning on catching a military hop to Germany then rent a car and head to Munich we have nowhere to sleep, any suggestions? We are actually even looking at stayin in the Garmish or Bad Tolz area if we can get something in the Munich area that's not going to cost us an arm and a leg. Thanks for any help you might be able to offer, first beer is on me!! Woo Woo
Posted on: Aug 31, 2011
Kate_Rach says:
thanks for the help. we booked a hostel for next years oktoberfest
Posted on: Nov 28, 2007
Merano says:
Me too - I agree with Eric and AleksandraEa - book your hostel as soon as possible!
Booking a month ahead and finding a room is extremly lucky!!

It depends also when exactly you want to come to Oktoberfest.

As far as I remember, the 2nd weekend is the "Italian Weekend" where thousands of Italians come to Oktoberfest - so it's probably even harder to find a place to stay during these days.

Greetings from south of Munich ;-)
Livia