Okinawa Guest House

Check Yangon Hotel Deals

Okinawa Guest House Yangon Reviews

Lotus28 Lotus28
Good value, but a bit noisy Aug 12, 2011
I stayed there for one night when I was staying in Yangon.

They provided me a room with A/C for $15 incl. breakfast. I had to check out early and missed the breakfast though.

Location was just 5 mins walk from Sule Pagoda, which was located right in the middle of city center. And there were lots of places to eat out.

The room itself was very clean, and I didn't have any complaints about the bathroom as well. It was really well maintained I think.

But my room didn't have any windows and it was really dark even during the day, and there was a temple that started playing music at 4am in the morning, so I wouldn't like to stay there when I want to sleep in...

The staff working there was friendly and nice. I just hope there were some more room for common areas so that we could hang out with other travelers more.
marcelohallack says:
how can i book it? i can not find it on hostelworld or agoda....
Posted on: Jan 24, 2013
Lotus28 says:
I've heard it was not everyday, but at least on the day I stayed was like that. (It was Saturday morning). It's a nice GH but people should know that before they stay.
Posted on: Aug 24, 2011
spocklogic says:
Some good basic info here. What can a body do about those early Temple noisemakers??
Posted on: Aug 23, 2011
MickRheault MickRhea…
Good dorms Mar 07, 2011
Okinawa GH is located near the Sule Paya (pagoda) which is a central point in downtown Yangon. In august 2010 the dorm was 5$ (breakfast included, as everywhere in Burma) and is a great value. The dorm is an aircon room with 4 mattresses on the floor, mosquito nets included. The staff is very polite. The guesthouse is not far from Bogyoke Market and the train station. On the side of Maha Bandoola Garden there is a street with a lot of streetfood, restaurant and places to drink (but closing quite early). I stayed there at the beginning and the end of my trip and will stay there again on my next trip!
Vipin Vipin
Okinawa Guest House May 16, 2010
This guesthouse had a relaxed and family feel to it. The rooms were of a decent size, very clean as were the bathrooms (shower had decent pressure too). It's close to the railway station, so if you are catching a train, this might be the guesthouse for you. I also liked the staff's friendly and helpful nature - you felt that you weren't just a number to them. Overall, I would recommend this place to anyone staying in Yangon.

Check Yangon Hotel Deals