8 Ljubljanska cesta, Bled, Slovenia
(04) 574 14 58

Okarina Bled Reviews

mainhart mainhart
Best food in Bled! Aug 26, 2013
Okarina is my favorite restaurant in lovely Bled. The inside is very warm and welcoming. The menu would be expensive if it were in another country, but quite affordable because Slovenia in general is. The first night we were there my sister and I tried their soups to start. My cream of asparagus was perfect and her pumpkin soup was quite savory and salty, not on the sweet side like I am used to back in the USA. Very nice! We both ordered the wild boar which was heaven... intense flavor without being gamey. We loved the meal so much we gave it another try. This time I ordered scorpionfish. A little background here. Until my 2006 trip to Croatia I refused to eat fish. Shellfish were OK, but fin fish, never. In Dalmatia fish was everywhere, so part of the travel experience there had to be eating fish. The first one I nervously tried was scorpionfish. It looked nasty whole, but the waiter assured me it was a very tasty and non-fishy fish. He was right. It was so good then that I became a fish convert instantly. I have not seen that fish on a menu since until Okarina in Bled. I was so excited. The fish was absolutely delectable, and my sister understood how it converted me. Next time I'm in Bled I will return to this warm, friendly restaurant with the awesome affordable food and nice local wines.

Check Bled Hotel Deals