Oh Canada Eh

Lundy's Lane, Niagara Falls, Canada

Oh Canada Eh Niagara Falls Reviews

christine4321 christin…
Needs Improvement Oct 19, 2013
I purchased two tickets to the Oh Canada Eh dinner theatre in Niagara Falls through Groupon for a very cheap price. It was two tickets for $55.00 without tax and is normally priced at $145.00.

My youngest daughter attended the show with me and over the phone we were told that seating begins at 6:15 and the show starts just after the first course is served which was about 7 pm.

We arrived at 6:30 and were seated at a table with 6 other people in attendance. I knew that we would likely be seated with strangers and didn't mind that but I was disappointed to see that the food was served family style. Now I normally don't mind family style with people I know but at our table we had one lady that had been coughing into her hands and blowing her nose and another man doing the same. The young boy who accompanied the woman was obviously taught to cough into the crook of his arm but because he was wiping his nose and running his fingers into his mouth it really didn't make any difference.

I too had a cold but went and washed my hands before handling the food.

When we first sat down the salad and bread had already been at the table and was almost empty. The meal must have been started shortly after 6:15.

The waiters and waitresses alternated between serving food and singing various songs on stage that were sung by Canadian artists.

Thankfully no one coughed on the open food but I still was not impressed. The only food that would likely have met the Health Board Regulations in regard to temperature was the boiled potatoes and green pea soup, every thing else was served luke warm. Aside from what I mentioned, the meal consisted of roast beef, roast chicken, fried haddock and over boiled mixed vegetables. Marbled chocolate vanilla cake with maple frosting was served for dessert.

The show had no direct story line and was actually confusing. It began with a bit of Trivial Pursuit as apparently the idea for the game was born in Niagara Region. When the cast sang songs by Canadian Artists sometimes they announced the name of the Artist and other times they didn't.

The waiters and waitresses were very friendly but I did feel badly for one. He was all dressed up in rain gear and had been performing under the hot lights and had sweat dripping down his face. In the script he must get a woman to kiss his cheek. It appeared that the fellow was not comfortable asking a guest for a kiss and he tried wiping the sweat from his face with his hand. The script needs to be changed. It was unfair for the waiter as he seemed embarrassed and also very unfair to put the poor guest on the spot to kiss his sweaty cheek.

I didn't expect it to be great but I also didn't expect it to be as bad as it was.I am very happy that I didn't pay full price for the tickets and I would not recommend it to others yet some of the guests really seemed to enjoy it.

Improvements I would have to say should be to: write a new script, serve the food either buffet style or individually plated, serve the food hot.
christine4321 says:
lol, I am glad that didn't happen!
Posted on: Oct 23, 2013
spocklogic says:
Lucky the guy with the sweaty cheek didn't ask you for a kiss, eh?
Posted on: Oct 23, 2013