Ogstons North Street

Ogstons North Street  - Salmon salad

Ogstons North Street Saint Andrews Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Waiters needed training in basic skills May 28, 2011
After our first day of golf at Kingsbarns Golf Course I have to admit that I was pretty tired; nothing works better than a hilly walk in the fresh wind for the most of an afternoon. We decided to have dinner just around the corner from our hotel in a place named Ogstons North Street. The restaurant was a part of a hotel and it had two entrances and we apparently walked in at the wrong one.

We contacted the waitress and she took us to the other door and greeted us from behind the counter behind the counter; after this she took us back to the place where she picked us up and said that we were free to sit where we wanted. We just looked at each other and smiled, it was kind of a funny way to start the dinner on.

The menu was quite nice and I went for some shrimps as a starter and an Angus steak with shrimps for my main course. Both dishes were really good. The service was friendly but they were not too sharp. We ordered a bottle of white wine and asked if it was cold; the waitress said yes but brought us a warm bottle; it was so warm that we had to ask two bring a bucket with ice filled water.

It was an alright place if the waiters and waitresses had been schooled correctly but they were obviously students just starting on their summer jobs so they would only improve during the following weeks.
My dinner
The menu
The wine getting chilled
A cold beer while we wait for the …

Compare St Andrews Hotel Rates (1km away)

Ogstons North Street  Map