Odeon Pizzeria

Odeon Pizzeria - My dinner

Odeon Pizzeria Udine Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great place for Italian food and local atmosphere Aug 24, 2010
I was looking for something light close to my hotel when I stumbled in to the Odeon Pizzeria. In the beginning I was nervous that everything was closed because the area seemed pretty dark, but some light in a corner follow by Italian voices guided me in to the restaurant.

The more I looked at the menu the more hungry my eyes went; it didn’t go better when the waiter started to explain the dishes. My light late dinner was evolving to 3 courses with Italian dishes that I loved. When you look at a menu and you remember all the good food you have had in Italy: the mind plays with you.

It didn’t get bad when suddenly the area where I almost was sitting alone at got full of local people. In the background a couple were loudly arguing in a nearby street. I was back in Italy and I had missed it.

My double starter was Buffalo mozzarella with tomatoes and a dish named "hot sea" mare caldo. It was magnificent; squid, shrimps and roasted potatoes and these were really nice roasted in herbs like rosemary and so on.

My main course a dorada serviced with a spiced up linguini. The waiter brought in the whole fish on a plate and quickly cut the dorada up and removed all the bones and made my dish. It turned out that the guy was Albanian from the city of Fira which was a bit further down towards Greece than I went. I turned off 290 km from Greece according to the last sign I saw in Albania.

The fish was divine, and together with the spicy linguini I was almost able to eat it all, I had at least to leave one third of my linguini but the fish didn’t die in vain.

The waiters were all nice, sweet and fast without being pushy; they also were thankful for the complements. I liked the place and I was so happy I was able to sit outside. The air was humid do to the rain that had been falling and sitting inside would have been too much.
A cold beer