Odell Brewing Company

www.odellbrewing.com - (970) 498-9070

Odell Brewing Company Fort Collins Reviews

osgoodst osgoodst
An Ode to Odells Nov 07, 2008
Odell’s is another excellent place in Fort Collins to sample a few drinks. Basically you walk in, pay 3 USD and have a choice of their standard selection of brews, or their experimental "pilot" brews. Their claim to fame is their 90 Schilling which made Michael Jackson’s (as in big fat beer critic, not the Thriller) list of 100 beers to try before you die.

Odell's also has an excellent tour of their brewery. One of the most interesting things they have is a bottling machine that is powered by exercise bike. Also they give you a lot of access to their brewing ingredients; you know the grains, hops, ect. Of the brewing tours in Fort Collins I think this one is the best one to learn about the process of making beer verses hearing a heart warming story. Also it is one of the most environmentally friendly breweries I have ever seen.

Also Odell's gives out a fair amount of cool free stuff. I have an Odell’s sticker holding the back of my laptop together I recommend Odell's as a great step in a day of trying out microbrewed beer in Fort Collins, see also new belgium review and Fort Collins Brewing review.
enjoying a drink!
poorogies poorogies
Better Than New Belgium? Nov 22, 2008
I would say so.

Being relatively new to the whole beer tasting scene (only in the last 5 years), I haven't quite developed my taste for hops hence the avoidance of IPAs and other PAs. Gimme a smooth stout or an amber with a nice finish and we'll call it good.

O'Dell's Brewery is just around the corner from the more distributed New Belgium and is definitely worth the hop, skip AND jump. The Cutthroat Porter is rich and balanced. The Easy Street Wheat is light and refreshing after running a few miles...please see the review "Jack Quinn's Tuesday Night Fun Run" but in the end if I HAD to choose I would get the 90 Shilling every time. It is not hoppy and acidic but has good body and is a beautiful amber color.
$3 Sampler
ashleynpearson ashleynp…
Jul 03, 2007
If you love great beer with good people...you won't want to miss Odell Brewing Co. in Fort Collins, Colorado. Actually, Fort Collins has many good breweries but this is my favorite.

You pay $3 USD for a sampler of 6 to 7 beers - Easy Street Wheat, Cutthroat Porter, 90 Schilling, Levity, 5 Barrel, just to name a few. Plus they always have seasonal and test-run beers to try.

You can take tours or just sit and enjoy beer either inside in the tasting room or out on the patio if there's good weather. There is usually live music on Wednesdays from 4pm to close. I believe it is open from 10am until about 6pm everyday but Sunday. You can also purchase pints and growlers as well as all kinds of merchandise.
Beer sampling tray