TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 528,854 travelers just like you!

Octravelguy77
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Happy Happy Happy

Name: Jimmy
Hometown: Newport Beach, California, USA
Location: Newport Beach, California, USA
Join Date: February 18, 2011
Contributions: Octravelguy77 has written about 18 places, shared 1,544 photos, left 403 comments, and smiled 277 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with, showing people around my hometown
Travel Plans
Bali, Indonesia
dream destination
Headed to australia but would love to stop in and see what Bali is all about. Trying to get my male "Eat Pray Love" on. Looking for someone fun and outgoing.
Melbourne, Australia
dream destination
Looking to explore the eastern coast of Australia. From cairns to melbourne...would love to see it with someone outgoing and fun. Must speak English and enjoy having a drink!
Sydney, Australia
» see all 5 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Thai, some Spanish and a little Italian
Interests
Most Memorable Travel Experience
-Drinking beers and sharing stories with a German local who lived through and witnessed the Holocaust at the Hofbräuhaus in Munich.
-Doing a contiki tour and meeting the coolest, most random group of people (and now friends) ever.
-Seeing two HUGE elephants at Mcdonalds in the streets of Bangkok.
-Hiking up Grouse Mountain (2.9 km (1.8 mi.) hiking trail known as the Grouse Grind) on a bachelor party with a bunch of out of shape guys with beers in our backpacks.
-sitting on the shores of Phi Phi island, Thailand drinking a beer and watching the sun set.
Profile
Like for all of us, traveling is an obsession or a passion. Whatever it is, its an eye opening experience thats invaluable and priceless. Seeing how other cities, countries and cultures eat, work and live sure gives us a new perspective on things.

I'm completely new to the concept of traveling alone. I've been to many places but never done it solo. Unfortunately, my friends aren't in a position to come along for the journey but I wouldn't want that to stop me. I'm looking for fun, energetic and outgoing travel buddies who want to see the world from a local's perspective.

I was born and raised in southern california right between Los Angeles and Orange County but I'm not your typical clueless, closed minded American. I'm fairly well traveled and always up for a new experience.

I enjoy trying new foods and drinks. I'm all about meeting new people, making new friends and doing it with a smile on my face. I'm open minded and love seeing, experiencing, and embracing different cultures.

so sad
Hummingbird says:
Happy Birthday from the central valley of California!!! I hope your day is as sweet as nectar and all your wishes come true! :)
Posted on: Jun 25, 2014
MetalQueen says:
Ciao Jimmy! How are you???
I'm planning to go to the West Coast this August...maybe we'll meet somewhere ;-)
Posted on: May 28, 2013
monky says:
Happy Birthday! :D
Posted on: Jun 25, 2012

Octravelguy77's Travel Blogs

Mardi Gras 2012!
Feb 15, 2012 – Feb 19, 2012
4 days in the "Big Easy" to celebrate southern food, drinking Hurricanes, Mint Julep and Voodoo Dacquiri's, and partying on Bou…
Overview 0 words 89 0 1
Bangkok
Nov 15, 2011 – Dec 07, 2011
The Land of Smiles and never a dull moment.
Overview 0 words 132 0 0
Island Hopping in Thailand
Nov 20, 2011 – Nov 23, 2011
so many islands to see and do, so little time. The Thai beaches and islands are some of the most of scenic and breathtaking in …
Overview 0 words 84 0 0

Octravelguy77's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Nightlife & Entertainment" in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
At the corner of Bourbon and St Phillip Street, Lafitte's is known as the oldest bar in the Unit…
Expensive "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
There's actually two Drago's in the area. One in Metairie and one in New Orleans located inside …
Average priced "Nightlife & Entertainment" in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Probably one of the most well known places in the French Quarter. Founded in 1933 and been at it…