Octopus Divers

www.octopus-divers.net - +2 069 3640416

Octopus Divers Dahab Reviews

Anitelu Anitelu
Red Sea diving and training at its best Mar 03, 2010
Recently on traveling to Dahab, Egypt, a group of buddies and I heard that the Red Sea is one of the most fantastic dive locations in the world, so we decided to do our PADI Open Water certification. The biggest problem with Dahab is the huge range of dive centres, with locals claiming there are over 200 dive centers for different people and languages. So on our first day we went looking around the town at all the different options available to us, being aware we had some bargaining power having a group of five that all wanted to dive together.

Following a recommendation from our hotel we stumbled into the office of Ayman Shalaby, Manager and Instructor of Octopus Divers located on Mashraba Street, Dahab. Ayman did not disappoint. He is welcoming, speaks fluent English, and has a great sense of humor. By the time you get to your first confined dive in the Open Water course you feel confident you’re in very capable and knowledgeable hands.

The Red Sea was my first diving experience, so I can’t compare the conditions to back home, but the scenery just took my breath away. It was so much better than I could have imagined. There number of different coral reefs and aquatic life were simply amazing.

Everyone on staff was very helpful and knowledgeable about the Red Sea dive sites, and also pointed out some very beautiful snorkeling sites. The strength of their team comes from their instructor, Ayman, with his ability to think on his feet and quickly adapt to any circumstances. One of the girls I was travelling with had some ear equalisation problems but were quickly fixed by Ayman and his staff, and since I'm a slightly bigger build (3XL) they didn’t have a wetsuit available in my size, but Ayman managed to find one before finishing the first DVD of the PADI open water course. (Seems having 200 dive centers in one place is handy after all)

All in all, I had a whale of a time with Ayman and his staff. They made the whole experience easier than learning to ride a bicycle. I would recommend him to anyone for their PADI courses--all the way up to Master Scuba diver--or just as a guide to all the amazing dive sites Dahab has to offer. All I know is I look forward to my next dive with Octopus Divers, and many more exciting times ahead under the sea.

As they say in Dahab, “Dive Now, Work later”

Email: info@octopus-divers.net