Octave Rooftop Bar and Lounge

Sukhumvit 57, Bangkok, Thailand

Octave Rooftop Bar and Lounge Bangkok Reviews

northlight northlig…
360 degree views of Bangkok Feb 19, 2015
I visited Octave three times on my recent trip to Bangkok. The first two times I was a little unfortunate because there were private parties happening on the upper levels so I could only hang out on one floor which is level 45. To get to the very top you need to take another lift to level 48 and then some stairs. The third time I visit was the Sunday night of the huge Bangkok meetup which I helped to organise. Lucky for us there were no private parties that night so we could all enjoy the views from the top level. I found it a great place to hang out with our group and it was a clear night so the views were even better. A bottle of singha beer will set you back 230 baht and many of their cocktails are around 350 baht. Everyday from 5-7pm they have 2-4-1 on cocktails so I recommend visiting during this time. You will also see the sunset views if you're there early in the evening. On that Sunday we stayed until about 22:30 before we headed back to soi 11 to continue the evening. I will visit again on my next trip to Bangkok and highly recommend people to check out this place located on top of the Marriott Hotel on soi 57.
The bar on the top level
Travbuddies outside the Marriott
Stairs leading to the top level
The Huge Bangkok Travbuddy Meetup
shayann85 shayann85
360 degree panoramic view of Bangkok Oct 23, 2013
Bangkok isn't shy when it comes to bars and nightclubs. Downtown thong lor definitely has its share of them but until recently there weren't any rooftop bars in the area.

Octave is located at the 45th floor Marriott Sukhumvit hotel at Sukhumvit 57. What's most impressive is that the bar doesn't end at the 45th, no, it stretches up another 4 floors to the 49th floor that boasts a 360 degree view rooftop deck with a shining blue round bar in the middle.

When I first went, I was blown away by the mere infrastructure of the place followed by the stunning view of Bangkok. All this matched with a great and friendly staff who catered to our every needs (and even remembered our names and previous orders just only after the second time me and my fiance visited).

Although a bit pricey (with cocktails going from 290 - 450 THB) they are extremely well-made. The Mexican Hops is my personal favorite (a careful blend of Mojito and Margarita topped with delicious Hoegaarden beer). You will also find a Thai version of the Mojito and several other Bangkok-inspired drinks.

In terms of food, I haven't tried much but there are plenty of platters and finger bites to enjoy with your drinks. Highlighted food items are WAGYU BEEF SLIDERS, PRAWN SKEWER,and SALMON TERIYAKI.

Best to go before before 7 pm to catch amazing sunsets and their happy hour buy 1 get 1 free on select drinks.

Definitely #1 or #2 on my top rooftop bars in Bangkok.
Octave Bar