O.co Coliseum

(510) 569-2121

O.co Coliseum Oakland Reviews

ryan707 ryan707
Game Recognize Game Feb 28, 2013
What can I say, its a place of magic. I grew up going here to watch A's & Raiders games & not much has changed in my lifetime. Its like a 7o's time capsule with all the charm of a greyhound bus station. Shit, they still have piss troughs in the Mens room. I had season tickets for the Raiders for years & all the other season ticket holders were mostly blue collar folks who knew there sports. Now a days new stadiums are built & bought up by corporations for tax write offs so the quality of the fan has declined. What the Coliseum lacks in looks, it makes up for in heart. I hope they never tear it down & the A's & Raiders play there for another 30 years or so.......Its my second home.
JohnBoricua JohnBori…
Nice Day at the Ball park Aug 20, 2012
Reviewed August 2, 2012

On our trip to San Francisco, we went straight to the Coliseum because the A's wee playing my beloved Yankees. I had my Yankee road jersey just for this occasion.

The Coliseum is located right off the highway, which is convenient since it was my first time in Oakland. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the parking was FREE. I got the cheapest tickests to get me thru the gate, so we ended up in the nose bleed seats.

We got a great tasing hamburger at the concession stand. Considering my prior experience with ball park food, I was pleasantly surprised. Our seats were easy to find.

When I looked around the concession area the one thing I noticed was the lack of TV screens showing the game. It does not take much observation to realize that the stadium is dated or "like 100 years old" like one of the Oakland fans told me. The stadium has a spartan look to it. It almost seems like it was constructed focusing mostly on function & not aesthetics.

When looking on the field for the score, I could only find it on the main score board & a few other places ... unlike other stadiums where the score is at every angle imaginable.

Can someone tell me if it's a West Coast thing for the home team to be on the third base side dugout? Living most of my life on the East Coast, I've always known the home team to be in the first base side dugout.

I was not too impressed by the stadium. However, that may not be fair considering I've been to the New Yankee Stadium & the Mets' Citi-Field.

That's it for the stadium. As for the fans ... they were quite entertaining. My Yanks were leading most of the game (the A's eventually won in extra inning & swept my Yanks), so the fans directed their chants of "Yankkes Suck" at me & my wife. The bleacher creatures had their flags, vuvuzelas, & drums. I thought that was kinda cool. The fans were friendly, as they took pictures of us in the stadium, were willing to strike up conversation with us, and smiled at us as they booed the Yanks.

The couple sitting next to us let us take a picture of their young son sitting on dad's lap. They posed & smiled for the pic with the son in his A's jersey holding up a "Number 1" fist. A great pic of a dad with his boy.

I had a good time at the game. The food was delicious. The fans were entertaining. The field looked great, even if the stadium was dated. However, I couldn't get over the home team in the third base dugout.

Visited July 2012