Ochheuteal Guesthouse

Check Sihanoukville Hotel Deals

Ochheuteal Guesthouse Sihanoukville Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Immaculate, Clean and all amenties work Mar 25, 2014
I just walk to this guesthouse to check the room and from outside it has a big and nice looking restaurant with friendly staff waiting with full smile. The manager is from the UK, so I do not have any problem with the language here and he is very helpful. Unfortunately not many of the staff speak English, so when I need any information or need to book ticket or tour, have to speak with the manager, and he is full on duty from morning to night time.

The guesthouse is really clean compare with other places I have stayed previously and it has a very good price. Single room with one double bed private en suite room, with working international television channel and air condition, cost usd 13 per night only, what a bargain. Breakfast is not included in the room price. For some strange reason (which I do not know), the restaurant has a high price range compare with other restaurant nearby. I did not see many people eat here but plenty of British people have beer here from noon, since the beer at this place is really cheap, cost usd 0.50 c only per glass (heaven for people who drink). Other drink is reasonable, similar price with other restaurant, only food more expensive. I did have breakfast every morning and it was good, cost usd 3.5 for breakfast which consist of 2 fried eggs, 2 fried sausages, 2 pieces of ham, tomatoes and ciabatta bread, drink has different price.

First, I stayed in the room no.24 which is located up stair. The room was spacious, clean and no smell what so ever and no mosquitos in this place, so I was very happy.

The bed itself is strange, made from concrete cement –mold into a bed and there is a mattress on top of it. It looks cheap, but it was firm and comfortable and I do not have any problem with this mattress and I can sleep well. The night table and the television stand also made from concrete cement paint white color. At least it is workable and I can put my stuff on top of it.

The air condition working really well and I actually freeze in this place and need to turn up the temperature to 23C which is un-usual for me.

The bathroom also clean and has a hot and cold shower and work perfectly well.

The guesthouse able to arrange a tour around the areas, book speedboat ticket, bus ticket or any other hotel in the area at the same price as advertised and guest do not have to pay commission to the guesthouse.

I can recommend this place if you are on budget and want a good quality accommodation to stay. I have stayed in this place 3 times, after I come back from the island, Kampot and Kep city, I get room no 16. The restaurant is the best place to mingle and chat with other guests around the globe.

Internet is free, fast but temperamental. It is best to do online in the morning or afternoon since not many people awake in the morning and busy in the beach in the afternoon. Night time is very slow and the internet connection keep cut off.
room no 24
courtyard view from second floor
cotton_foam says:
The fixtures made of cement is interesting!! :) and I like the way you describe the internet connection --"temperamental" :))
Posted on: Apr 06, 2014