Ocean's 18 Blacklight Mini Golf

125 Ocean View Blvd., Pacific Grove, CA, USA

Ocean's 18 Blacklight Mini Golf Pacific Grove Reviews

cari cari
Jul 17, 2006
When you think of the Monterey Peninsula, do you think of blacklight mini-golf? I know I do.All kidding aside, it's actually pretty fun. It sounded pretty cheesy to me, but my parents insisted we go for my 22nd birthday (I know, right?) and I'm actually glad they did. The place is indeed only lit by blacklight, and the theme is as nautical as they come. There's a lifesized pirate statue in the entryway, along with the obligatory fishing nets and treasure chests. The course, however, is actually very nicely designed. A very talented blacklight painter (did you know there were any?) designed all the walls with convincing underwater scenes, and there are model sharks and octopi to try and hit your ball through.One of the nicest things is their discount rate for return visitors. The adult rate is ordinarily $8.50 (there are discounts for children under 11, children under 5, and military as well), but for $10 you get a second game free. So if you're planning to come back, you're only paying $5 a game instead of $8.50. Same goes for the kids - there are special deals like that for each price range. You can play the games back to back or come back another day. It's your choice.Don't be put up by the apparent dilapidation of the Tin Cannery. The outlet mall in which the mini-golf place resides has struggled for a long time, and a lot of the stores are empty. By patronizing Ocean's 18, however, you're helping to keep the place alive. And the locals would all thank you for that.

Check Pacific Grove Hotel Deals