Oceanic Quest

No. 2 Block C, Muara, Brunei

Oceanic Quest Muara Reviews

luke_ luke_
Amazing diving around the wrecks of Borneo Aug 25, 2011
I originally met some of the guys from Oceanic Quest at an International Dive Expo in KL. They gave loads of great info about the diving and some really competitive pricing for different packages. After looking into it more and finding out nothing but great things about the diving in Brunei, I decided to go and check it out.

When I arrived the guys let me store all my equipment at the shop and sorted me out with a 10 dive package. The next 2 days I went out diving and even though I was the only customer for the day we went out and to some really great sites and had the boat to myself! This is awesome as most divers know and are used to needing minimum numbers of divers to send a boat. Great customer service to cater to only 1 and Jim and I had some awesome dives together and had an outstanding wreck dive, penetrating and exploring several levels of a WWII ship (just make sure you are wreck qualified or complete it there in just 2 days).

The following 2 days I was diving again with a few more people out on the boats. First with Wendy who is amazing a spotting the tiniest nudibranchs (one as small as a grain of rice) which I made some attempts at photographing and next with Steve where we explored a few more of the many interesting wrecks the area has to offer and had some great visibility and very curious batfish checking us out.

The dive centre also has a guest house directly above the shop that you can stay at and is also included in some of the dive packages. Nice rooms, a common area with TV and a big kitchen give you everything you need.

I had an amazing time and ended up doing 12 dives over the 4 days of diving with Oceanic Quest! Having dived all over this part of the world and working in the dive industry I recognize them as a very high quality dive centre that I would be happy to work at and already plan to go back as a guest. They have very competitive prices while still delivering an exceptional product with quality equipment, boats and most importantly, staff!
batfish hanging around during our …
Oceanic Quest dive center
batfish hanging around during our …
out on the dive boat