Oceanaire Resort Hotel

Check Virginia Beach Hotel Deals

Oceanaire Resort Hotel Virginia Beach Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Go there in season and not outside Oct 15, 2012
I had no prior knowledge to anything in the Virginia Beach area so when I checked on Booking.com I just went for a hotel located on the beach that had gotten good reviews and Oceanaire Resort Hotel had some of the best feedback from customers in the area.

The hotel was quite easy to find driving along the Atlantic Avenue and there was only a small parking area that allowed you to empty the car and use the hotels valet parking. The valet parking was 25 dollars for a night but I didn’t really feel like looking for alternatives as I had been driving all day and I just felt like relaxing. The guys that handled the parking of the car were nice and friendly and they didn’t have that much to do. It was quite windy and a bit chillier than I had anticipated; it was two weeks before SANDY would hit the same beach hard.

I walked in to the reception that was a two-person counter in a quite dark entrance area; next to it there was a bar and a restaurant. There was a guy standing next to me doing his check-in before me and I could understand that his company was having a conference there, which I clearly could understand as they would have a good rate as it was just outside season.

I was given a quite nice room for the price that I had booked; I had not booked a seafront room but one with a sea view. I was on the 4th floor and the first thing I did when I entered the otherwise nice room was to open the doors to the balcony and letting the fresh wind from the sea sweep in to the room through the open balcony door. The balcony was not large but it fulfilled the purpose of being able the hangout there and enjoy the sea and a good stretch of the beach.

The room had a fully equipped kitchenette, which I didn’t use because I had not shopped anything. I had hoped that there had been a mini bar but I had to dream about a beer. There were two queen size beds of very good quality; they were hard and high with brown wooden headboards and huge duvets. There was a small table with two chairs on the terrace, but I had no intention of sitting outside. Shortly after I had gotten the room the storm increased in power and it started to rain quite heavily. It didn’t rain into the terrace but the wind was catching the drapes and they were standing almost horizontal into the room.

Being out of season and staying in a beach hotel turned out to be quite boring. There were hardly any people in the hotel, the ones who were there were colleagues who had enough in the selves or couples having the same. I walked around to find something to eat in the area and I was quite disappointed to find many of the restaurants closed so I ended up in a pizzeria that did take-away and didn’t serve a beer. It was the day before my 50s birthday and it was not and evening that I can remember for something special.
Sign over the main entrance
The valet parking area
My room
The view of the beach
Chokk says:
A beer would have helped for 10 - 15 min I guess ;) - but when that is said there is not much to do besides having another beer !
bigmac993 says:
Yes, I have been to VB too in the off season too and it is boring.
rsvpme says:
Christian..I sense that a beer might have improved the surroundings..LOl..?

Check Virginia Beach Hotel Deals