Oceana Hostal Playero

Oceana Hostal Playero Rates and Deals

Oceana Hostal Playero San Juan Reviews

gserrado gserrado
Nov 23, 2009
I truly think this is my fault. This was my first trip were I did not used lonely planet or any form of guide to give me an idea of how bad this hostel really is.

The exterior of the hotel is not bad at all. It looks renovated and the entrance, dinning room and lounge are ok. But the rooms.... ohhh the rooms! The beds were old, they smelled funny and a bit dirty.

The bathroom was pretty bad. We barely had any water to shower, brush our teeth or even flush the toilet. The towels were old as well and just not pleasant.

I have stayed in some pretty low-quality hostels but I knew what i was getting myself into. The usual hostels tell you that they are meant for budget travelers... this one advertises that is 2 or 3 stars when is barely one.

The "Tours" - DONT GET THEM!! IS A RIP OFF! please do not pay $80-90 for one of their tours. The guy is not a tour guide... he just drives you the location and drops you off. We did to the cavern and observatory tour. The man just dropped off there, gave me his cellphone and just told me to call him when we were done. The worst part was that we could not go into the caves because there was a large group (200+) in front so it would take 3 hours to go in. So we called for 30 minutes before we came. HORRIBLE.

Oceana Hostal Playero Overview

It will take guests only a few minutes to walk from Oceana Hostal Playero to Ocean Park Beach, where they can partake in water sports or relax on the beach. The hotel is only a short drive from Old San Juan, where guests can visit historical attractions. They will find museums, and forts, as well as places to shop. It takes only 10 minutes to drive to the airport from Oceana Hostal Playero. The cruise ship terminal, as well as many other areas of interest, is only a short drive away as well. Some attractions are within walking distance.

The rooms at Oceana Hostal Playero have private bathrooms as well as air conditioning, cable TV, and small refrigerators. Some of the rooms have balconies, and some have kitchenettes.

When staying at Oceana Hostal Playero, guests will be able to take a dip at the onsite pool and then have a drink at the bar. The hotel also offers an onsite restaurant. Those arriving by car will be able to find free parking. The property is smoke free.

Oceana Hostal Playero Amenities

• Cable / Satellite TV
  • TV
  • Excursions
  • Garden
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower