Ocean Vista

Check Maafushi Hotel Deals

Ocean Vista Maafushi Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Great Customer Service Mar 16, 2014
The hotel located right at the beach front with a nice view from the restaurant down stairs and up stair. Both of the restaurants space (down stair and up stair) is quite small, but great view toward the ocean and sunset.

The hotel only has four rooms in total with one room for family which can accommodate up to 4 people in one room.

The reception is friendly and the morning girls who manage the reception speaks English well, however after 4pm, the other girl (her sister) manage the reception and she speak not much English and I need to repeat most of the time when I asked her something or if I need something from the hotel.

Most of the hotel employees are friendly and full of smiles and they recognize and greet me during my stay there.

My room is clean, quite spacious, around 25sqm with big wardrobe, dresser, mirror, flat screen television, working air condition and medium size bathroom. The bathroom is really hot since no fan or air circulation in the bathroom, however, there is one small window up the wall which is open and I could not close it myself since it was too high. I managed to wash my own cloth and hang in the bathroom and amazingly it was dry in the morning, since the bathroom is really hot and no need any fan to dry it.

Toiletries provided freely and there are 2 toilet paper which is a plus in my book.

Unfortunately, since the hotel only has limited room, the hotel do not have much activities plan to go around neighborhood island. However, the hotel provided free snorkeling equipment and beach towel if the guests fancy to go to the beach for a swim or just lazying around.

I have most of my meals in the hotel since the price is very reasonable down to cheap I though since we were in the island. Meal cost range from usd 4 to usd 15 +++ depend of what you eat. The hotel also has plenty of fresh juice such as mango, pineapple, watermelon, bananas, etc and it cost usd 2.5+++ which I though good value since the juice glass is really big (probably ½ liter glass), and taste really delicious – I love the mango juice, it taste better than the pineapple juice. No alcohol serve in this island since this is a local island and it is prohibited by law. Nobody sell alcohol either in the shops.

The buffet breakfast was amazing, this is the first time I taste Maldivian breakfast which consist of bread (channai bread), mix with fresh coconut, tuna, shallots, herb, etc) and chutney. Fried sausages, and free toast (make your own), and cereal. It taste delicious. In addition to this, I also get cook eggs any style I want, plus orange juice and mineral water bottle and proper coffee from the fancy machine.

Shame I did not stay longer at this place, all the staff are very friendly and when I check out, one of the staff go with me to the ferry terminal and say goodbye.

It cost usd 50+++ per night for single or double inclusive breakfast. Total cost after tax is usd 70 per night.
bedroom
bedroom
wardrobe in the room
view from the room
cotton_foam says:
The chanal bread is interesting --
Posted on: Mar 26, 2014