Ocean Maya Royale

Check Playa del Carmen Hotel Deals

Ocean Maya Royale Playa del Carmen Reviews

Merch Merch
A great place to relax! Jan 17, 2012
We had a 12 hours direct flight to Mexico in front of us, so we decided to boOK a room at an all-inclusive resort so that we would be able to relax the first 4 days. We thought that it would be good since we were gonna be very jet-lagged and tired. We made the right choice!

Ocean Maya Royale is a very nice hotel and to our surprise, the food was really good. It wasn't the usual food, that you get tired of just by eating one time, that you normally get at all inclusive resorts. There was a great variety of food! You have 3 restaurant up by the "hotel plaza"; one buffet, one italian and one japanese. Go with the japanese for dinner, it's really good!

You also have one lunch restaurant and a little "juice and smoothie bar" by the pool. The lunch restaurant offers a buffet of salad, pasta, some mexican dishes and hamburgers. And the juice and smoothie bar is the best. Imagine laying by the pool, hearing the waves and to have a fresh fruit smoothie in your hand. That's paradise!

Ocean Maya Royale also have an energetic and fun entertainment team that arranges different kinds of activities. Man, I don't know when they sleep though, since you could see them early in the morning by the pool and the beach asking people if they wanted to play volley ball and late in the evening by the hotel plaza dressed up in sombreros ready to give a show in the theatre! Haha.

One thing though. The spa wasn't at all what I expected. I'm a esthetician, so I know how beauty treatments and massages are done. I really don't want to say anything bad about this hotel, but this spa really didn't impress me at all. We toOK a couples massage for 180 USD, and that's quite a good price but not if you don't get what you pay for. The estheticians made an "OK" massage, but they felt SO stressed and when they were finished they just disappeared, without whispering a word. So we found ourselves laying there for 5 more minutes, "waiting" for them to say something. Haha.

So even though we didn't get the best massage at the spa I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. All of the people working there are very service-minded and GENUINELY friendly and The food is way better than what you would expect from an all inclusive resort.

Stay at Ocean Maya Royale!

Check Playa del Carmen Hotel Deals