Ocean House

2169 Kalia Rd, Waikiki, HI, USA

Ocean House Waikiki Reviews

mrgishi mrgishi
Nice view especially during sunset Mar 03, 2008
We picked up my brother from the naval base and brought him back to our hotel complex so he would get to see the beach and Waikiki for the first time. We walked down the beach towards Waikiki proper and stopped for dinner at the Outrigger Reef hotel. The Shore Bird restaurant had a long wait, so we opted for Ocean House. This restaurant specializes in seafood, is partially indoor, partially outdoor and faces the beach. The sun was going down as we ate our dinner. I had seafood lau lau, which was mahi mahi with Molokai sweet potatoes and taro greens steamed in a ti leaf. You see variations of this dish in most restaurants. The taro greens are very similar to spinach. The fish itself was a little tough and dry. I had a mango margarita that sounded better that it tasted. It was made with Patron Silver and Gran Marnier, but it was made like a frozen drink, so those premium flavors ended up watered down. Overall this was just a very average meal, but it was a comfortable and beautiful place to eat dinner after a day in the sun.

Compare Honolulu Hotel Rates (4km away)

Waikiki