Ocean Breeze Inn Boracay

Ocean Breeze Inn Boracay Rates and Deals

Ocean Breeze Inn Boracay Reviews

dinsevilla dinsevil…
Ocean Breeze Inn Boracay Apr 11, 2013
Ocean Breeze Inn is located at Station 2 at the back of Villa de Oro Resort. The location is great and half the price compared to nearby resorts. It is only a few meters from the beach. The room we stayed in was a fan room so it was quite warm. The room was spacious and the bed is comfortable and clean.

The staff was quite responsive as well considering that I only booked through SMS. Overall, great value for money.

I would def stay in Ocean Breeze on my next visit to the island.
jaygalvey says:
hi.. i would just like to ask how much for the accomodation for 2 nights. in a non airconditioned. its my families first time in boracay. (were in a group of 6) and were making budget list for our stay specially for the accomodation. and i liked your review. maybe you could provide me with some more information about this ocean breeze. and are there any reservations needed? sorry for the trouble, thank you. heres my no. 09051409982
Posted on: Apr 17, 2013
SilverMD11 SilverMD…
Like your quiet time at night? Jun 04, 2010
The Ocean Breeze Inn is a cute little place. I will fully admit I was linked to their website by reading up on Boracay on Wikitravel, and my trip to the Philippines was put together very much at the last minute (I meant to go to Thailand, but with the events in Bangkok in the weeks leading up to my departure date I decided against it). So, I more or less decided on this place ahead of time without doing much in-depth research.

I can't say I was disappointed, though. There are some aspects of this place that some people might find a little annoying. Your experience may differ on which room you choose to stay in (they have cottages, and guesthouse rooms that differ in size based on what floor they are on, I was in one of the upper floor rooms which had one double bed). The mattress was really just a sponge, and the one bedcover was the consistency of a dish-towel. On my floor you could only pick up a useable wifi signal by sitting on the balcony. Given that this is one of the cheaper Boracay accommodations that is not located right on the beach, it was a devil to find. There is a path for direct access from the main road but this is closed after hours.

On the plus side, the staff are very nice people. The first thing they'll do when you show up is serve you a drink and sit you down on the front deck while they get the papers ready for you to sign. With it being tucked away back from the main beach, it's quiet at night, and I felt secure if for the only reason that anyone looking for trouble would have a hell of a hunt to find the place first! You'll have a good night's rest after a tiring day of parasailing and jetskiing.

Do not be fooled by the fact that they state on their website that they "accept credit cards for reservation payment" - what this actually means is that they ONLY accept credit cards for down-payments that you would make directly to a third-party booking agent such as Hostelworld if you booked through them. They require the balance of the reservation to be paid in CASH upon check-out. I witnessed another guest be taken somewhat by surprise by this revelation, I myself am wary of any budget accommodation in this part of the world claiming to accept credit card payment.

All this being said, I recommend this place, especially if it's your first time going to Boracay and you can't decide where you want to stay. It's cheap, in fact the final amount that I paid averaged less per night that I was initially quoted. I would probably stay here again if I were to return to Boracay, if it weren't for the fact that I am curious about the numerous other guesthouses just kitty corner to where this place is located, the places I never knew about till I saw them with my own eyes. A solid 4/5.
coffeeprincess says:
well done George!:)
Posted on: Jun 05, 2010
Glynnes says:
Great review. Do you have any photos to share?
Posted on: Jun 04, 2010
fransglobal fransglo…
Potentially Excellent Dec 29, 2009
This was a potentially excellent place to stay in Boracay. I stayed in two types of rooms - an aircon double bedroom with ensuite. This was overpriced (at least by Filipino standards) at 30 euro per night. It was good but not worth that price. The aircon unit was too noisy and I switched it off most of the time.

The second type of room was a non aircon cottage. 1200 pesos (around 18 euro) a night for double room with ensuite. This was great value. The room was built using traditional bamboo materials and methods and had great character. Lovely balcony overlooking beautiful garden.

Staff really nice and helpful but a bit disorganised during my stay - owner was away.

Lovely location, quiet and peaceful. Lovely garden. Two minutes walk from beach with nice restaurants and cafes.

Wifi available at ground level but you need to pay 50 pesos a day.

All in all, I highly recommend this place if you can get the non aircon cottage room. The other rooms, while nice, are overpriced in my view.
The garden
The garden
fransglobal says:
Hi Young09. I booked through hostelworld.com. It was too dear but it was Christmas and I wanted to be sure I had somewhere to stay. If I go back, I will contact the guesthouse directly myself.

Enjoy your stay!
Posted on: Jan 02, 2010
Young09 says:
Thank you for the great and interesting review. The flowers look very beautiful. I also stayed there before and will return in March again. I have reserved already a guesthouse room. Did you book directly at Ocean Breeze or through a booking/agent site ?
30 € is nearly 2000 Peso. I pay only 1490 Peso for the airconditioned double bedroom with ensuite; same like last time and I booked directy at Ocean Breez Inn.
Posted on: Dec 30, 2009
sylviandavid says:
thanks for this great tip: non airconditioned cottage room sounds great.
Posted on: Dec 30, 2009
Young09 Young09
Affordable Guesthouse close to White Beach Apr 25, 2009
I stayed with my friend in Ocean Breeze Inn`s Guesthouse, because I read good reviews and the price for the aircon room, compared with other offers, was really affordable.

We used their pick up service from Caticlan Airport and immediately met Juvy at the Airport exit. He helped us with our luggage, arranged tricycle transportation until we reached Ocean Breeze Inn. Malyn brought us to our room in the guesthouse first floor. We saw a nice, clean and bright room. The room had a double bed, air condition, Television and radio. The bath room had a shower with hot water. We liked the room; especially when we compared to the rate we paid.

We also bought our food at Talipapa and used the Ocean Breeze guest kitchen to cook. My friend requested internet access for 1 day for his laptop and it was arranged immediately.

From Ocean Breeze Inn we had to walk around 3 minutes to White Beach along a small path. At the left and right of the path were other resorts.

I like Station 3, because there are not many big Hotels; mostly cottages and Inns.

Its also not so much crowded like Station 2 or 1.

Ocean Breeze Inn Amenities

• Laundry service
  • Bicycle Rental
  • Excursions
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels