Ocean Basket

Plot 1392 Tiamiyu Savage St., Victoria Island, Nigeria

Ocean Basket Victoria Island Reviews

marix_sublime marix_su…
Ocean's Basket Apr 21, 2013
There is a relatively new restaurant at the bar beach scene. It is called Ocean’s Basket, and rightly so, as it is located very near the famous coastal line of the atlantic ocean.

It specializes in sea food. In fact its tagline is ‘your sole provider’.

I have visited the restaurant several times, and have enjoyed the experienced.

After taking your order, they will serve warm bread with butter and four other delicious dip you can enjoy along with your bread. The first time we tried it, they even gave us second servings of the bread bun….must be the speed of us finishing the bread however, on our second visit, the bread buns, became liliputans!

Hahahahaah! I don’t know why the breads became super small….maybe they changed supplier.

They served seafood, like fish, shrimps, squid, mussels (which is in itself is amazing because Lagos doesn’t have mussels) and even with these serving, they have fish and chips on their menu though I have not tried it. My friends and I usually orders the platter. It’s a combination of fish, shrimps, squids, and the mussels with a heavenly concoction of sauce. We order rice to go along with this delectable treat. I would usually go for the jollof rice (rice cooked with tomato based sauce plus spices) and friends usually liked their fried rice. Usually waiters would ask how you want your platter to be done, by grilling or by frying. I think we have tried both ‘style’ and both are good to the taste…whichever is healthier? Well, that is another story 

They do served Japanese cuisine too; however, I have not tried that part. I am really enjoying their usual servings of fish, and squid’s et al to be thinking of trying the Japanese side, but based on the menu, they have good servings of sushi and sashimi.

Ocean Basket has the usual air-conditioned place and they have an outdoor al fresco style. I liked the second floor, air conditioned place because if you stay at the first level, you will smell of the food, it will stick to your dress, and if you stay outside, it might be too hot, depending on the time of day

As expected it is expensive as in most of the good restaurant in Lagos. However, since they are providing good service as well as serving great tasting food, price range is fine.
the dips...i thought it was four d…
interior of Ocean Basket. This is …
sushi??
halilee says:
Congrats on your featured review!!! :D
monky says:
Congrats on this featured review Maricar!:D
marix_sublime says:
Thank u TB friends!
Posted on: May 01, 2013

Compare Singer Island Hotel Rates (<1km away)

Ocean Basket Map