Observation Deck - Palace of Culture and Science

1 Plac Defilad, Warsaw, Poland
22 656 76 00
Observation Deck - Palace of Culture and Science - View of the Palace of Culture and Science.
Observation Deck - Palace of Culture and Science - Outdoor iceskating in the winter.

Observation Deck - Palace of Culture and Science Warsaw Reviews

boxinbcn boxinbcn
Oct 08, 2007
I was in no hurry to take the elevator ride up to the 30th floor of the Palace of Culture and Science - Stalin's "gift" to Warsaw after World War II. However, once done, I have to say that it's an interesting thing to do for 10PLN. The views of Warsaw are incredible so it's best to go up on a clear day.

The palace is an incredibly enormous building. Obviously no expense was spared to make this gift an impressive display which would dominate the cityscape for decades to come. I'd recommend walking around the entire building first. Be sure to check out the Soviet Realism style sculptures around the perimeter of the building. Also, a walk around the building gives you an even better idea of just how huge this palace is. (It includes a large public swimming pool, municipal offices, a concert hall, cinema and theater.) During the winter there is also an outdoor ice skating rink.

The trip up in the elevator is like a trip to the distant past with uniformed elevator operators manning the elevator buttons! The observation deck could use some maintenance - look out for pigeons and other birds perched overhead! There's also a small cafeteria and some souvenirs are on sale as well... But, the main attraction is the view . you can see for miles in every direction.

To summarize, I'd recommend this "touristy" activity for the views and for the chance to be inside Warsaw's main landmark.
View of the Palace of Culture and …
boxinbcn says:
You're right Chris, especially the older people that I know really don't like, some are actually disturbed by it.
Posted on: Mar 31, 2008
Chokk says:
I never went up - but I walked around. I was lucky having a view of the gift from the 19th floor. It is rather impressive in all. I heard that they are going to build skyscapers around it now. I think that this is a shame, but I guess the Polish people would like to cover it up also.
Posted on: Mar 31, 2008
kamja says:
I haven't gone there yet
Posted on: Oct 08, 2007