Oban Backpackers

Check Oban Hotel Deals

Oban Backpackers Reviews

signedcutie signedcu…
Affordable and comfortable atmosphere Apr 29, 2010
This was an excellent hostel.

The town itself was cozy and cute and the hostel was very much the same.

The rooms were quite large and very clean.

Each room had access to at least one outlet and mirror.

The location was great, just a little 5 mins walk down to the strip.

I believe the only downside was that there was a 1:30 am curfew. It so happened that they closed it earlier too, and we had a little trouble getting in.

The lobby was nice a big and inviting. There were many couch's for one to sit on, wifi access for free or computer use. I think there was even a billiards table.

Hygienen: there were many showers available for all. I think there was about 6-7. Just remember though that the shower area is mixed sex area.

This hostel also had a little area to store you supplies in a fridge. I cannot comment as to whether or not it had a kitchen or a big area to store food because I do not recall seeing them; however, I did not enquire about them either during my stay.

Overall, this was one of my favorite hostels in scotland. It was in a great location, very clean and comfortable with a lot of character.
alison_wndrlnd alison_w…
Mar 30, 2007
One of the nicest and most fun hostels I've stayed in. Loved all the quirky little details. Staff was super friendly, and the lounge looks like it could be an awesome hang-out and great place to meet other people during a busier season. As it was, we were 2 of only 4 people staying in the place the night we were there. The showers are incredibly spacious, which is rare for a hostel. The breakfast is good and super cheap. Tons of recommendations of things to see and do in the area. The *only* negative I could say about the place is that security is fairly lax. But in a place as small as Oban, I guess you just take your chances with that kind of thing. There is a secure locker at the front desk for your valuables, I think.
Documama says:
Excellent! Now I know where to stay in Oban. Effectively, you are writing the vacation I hope to have (without maybe the shoe-sucking mud hole on Iona).
Posted on: Mar 30, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Oban Backpackers

Finally, something worked right!
Monday So, my luggage finally showed up Sunday. I rushed back to the hotel, changed into clean clothes (aaaaaaah), checked out and caught the bus into Glasgow.  The #500 took me straight to Geo…Oban, I huffed and puffed my way up the hill (the hill wasn't that bad but I was still tired and the waist belt on my backpack
A night in Oban - Day 4
Once we were done our days adventure, we headed towards a cute little fisherman's village named Oban.  According to their villages website, they are the seafood capital in Scotland!  This turned ou…Oban backpacker hostel we didn't have much daylight time left.  What was great though was that our tour…

Check Oban Hotel Deals