Oasis hostel Granada

Check Granada Hotel Deals

Oasis hostel Granada Reviews

Carlitos82 Carlitos…
Nicest Hostel in Granada Aug 09, 2012
Though not my preferred hostel, it's certainly the nicest one in Granada. Located just a few blocks Southwest of the Central Park, during the days you're just steps away from the bustling market district, though this market is more popular among locals than tourists (read: a little sketch). The hostel costs $9 a night and sports a clean pool, delicious breakfasts at a reasonable price, nice hammocks, and a plethora of pc's for checking in. I stayed in the dorms and activity in the other dowm was just as audible to us as in our own, though it was an exceptionally noisy night in the other dowm and I can't judge the hostel by one idiot who stayed there. If you sleep in a dowm, make sure to get a top bunk under a fan as the rest are hot. This hostel seemed safer than others as keys for the huge lockers are provided and one must be let in the front door by the front desk staff. Private rooms come in a mix of AC or no and private bath or no and first floor or second. The clientele seem to be slightly above your normal everyday backpacker and I saw more couple here like you would expect at a hotel than I did at any other hostel. The longer courtyard gave it a much less cramped feeling than other hostels, though I hear some of the rooms have the opposite effect. All in all, this is a really good place to be and it comes recommended.
AlexandraQuinton Alexandr…
Sep 21, 2009
Located in the centre, in a gorgeous colonial building, Hostel Oasis has a small but exceptionally clean pool, hammocks and loads of free PCs. Free toast for breakfast, tea/coffee all day and helpful staff. English is spoken by most of the staff, and those who are not fluent are still very helpful.

Private rooms are tiny, and rooms without air-con are stiflingly hot. You really pay a premium for aircon - if you can afford it, you'll appreciate it.

While we were there the water was turned off (or ran out) for about 6 hours meaning toilets filled up and got smelly, you couldn't shower or wash your hands. People resorted to washing their hands in the pool after using the bathroom.

We wanted to check out at 7am to catch a bus at 7:30, and the only member of staff there was not allowed to check people out.

We knew how much we had to pay but he said we'd need to wait until the other staff member arrived in 15 minutes. After anxiously waiting 15 minutes only for no-one to arrive, we gave up and handed him the cash and left.

If you have an early bus to catch, check out the night before.

If it wasn't for the shambles of a check out, and the fact that air-con rooms cost double that of non air-con rooms this would be a great hostel.
spursbackpacker spursbac…
Jan 04, 2007
We have been staying at the Oasis now for nearly 8days, and in that time, i think its the most prettiest hostel i have ever stayed at.  The hostel is set out in a old colonial building, with a gorgeous patio, and tiled floors, high ceilings, fancy lighting from the 1930s and a cute little swimming pool out the back.  There are plenty of hammocks to just relax in, and lots of chairs and tables to sit and chill out on.  They do video dvd rental, Free internet, free coffe tea, and they also sell food and beer.. We stayed in a dorm, and tho i really dislike sleeping in dorms (i cant stand sharing with ppl who snore and plonk there stuff willy nilly) This dorm is just great, the rooms are huge and airy, the beds cozy and you get a huge locker which can fit a backpack.  and its also the cheapest dorm we have stayed at we are paying only $7 dollars.

I didnt put very cheap as the cost rating, simply because, for a private room i think its very expensive, and some dont even come with there own bathrooms. they range between $25 - $35, that seems alot for a small room in Nicaragua.

The staff can be rather fickle with you, but you get that at every hostel.  If i come back thru Granada again, then i would defo stay there again, extremely good value for a dorm, not so much if your going private.
pool at oasis
wall art at oasis
cincomanos says:
I stayed here as well and I loved it too! Unfortunately it was only for 2 nights... They serve a pretty good breakfast too! Just don't go for a dive in that pool at night - they don't appreciate that ;-)
Posted on: Nov 14, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Oasis hostel Granada

This place rocks
So, I'm holed up in the Hostel Oasis with me old mucker Rob.  The hostel is a sprawling Colonial buiding with really high ceilings, a small pool (three strokes and you've done a length) and hamm…Oasis with me old mucker Rob.  The hostel is a sprawling Colonial buiding with really high ceilings, a small pool (three strokes and you've done a length…

Check Granada Hotel Deals