OXO Tower

London, England

OXO Tower London Reviews

jhoc jhoc
Dinner and a view Jan 11, 2010
The OXO tower on London’s Southbank has an interesting history. There was no advertising allowed in those parts so OXO built windows in the shape of O and X to advertise for free. At present they remain along with a posh restaurant and brassiere. There is a brassiere on floor 2 and a small one on floor 8. Floor 8 is also home to the restaurant & bar. As you walk in the restaurant is small and dimly lit with very modern looking amenities and blue lights shining throughout.

We went on a cold night in January so to be welcomed with an ounce each of warm mulled wine was just what we needed. This was then followed with a chef’s special asparagus soup to get our minds on the food. The menu is meat focussed with many of the traditional picks (suckling pig, lamb chops, pork belly, fillet steak and veal) so we were off to a good start.

The service was some of the best I’ve had in London which was pleasing and expected for the prices. The mixed drinks were large and generously poured and the wine list had something for everyone ranging from £30 a bottle up to £2k for those corporate outings. Starters were in the £15 range and mains in the high 20’s so you will be stumping some cash. The view of London is priceless though. OXO is nearly centred on the Themes giving you great views into central London to the east and the west.

There is a large terrace which could go out on and drink or eat, but best left for the summer months not while we were there. The bar has a piano and is good sized as well if you just fancy a drink and the view for much cheaper than a full on dinner. I’ve had better food for less in other upscale restaurants but the OXO made up for this in the service and the setting.

Related Travel Blogs About OXO Tower

A River View of London
This was one of my most interesting afternoons in for me London so far.  I cannot say if it was because I spent my time cruising down the Thames River, but I found the time that I spen…London in 1819, OXO Tower (windows were designed to spell out the brand name of a popular meat extract), Charing…

Check London Hotel Deals