OR2K

01-4422097

OR2K Kathmandu Reviews

kayguarnay kayguarn…
Veg Heaven! Sep 29, 2014
We went to this super cute and cozy restaurant last night in Thamel district. There were 8 of us and we were seated upstairs at two long tables put together. Sitting is crosslegged style, so keep that in mind. There was plenty of space for everyone. Caveat that it is tricky to get a reservation as this place is always busy! So plan ahead!

There were snacks first (a type of pokoras), then family style dipping meal of hummus, cheese spreads, salsa and salads with naan bread. The baba ganoush- type spread was my absolute favorite -- so delicious! We also tried a mushroom and a olive pizza which had a thin crispy crust and just the perfect amount of sauce and cheese. At the end, I was so full I couldn't even think of dessert!

I really enjoyed this restaurant!
emilysams emilysams
Very touristy and expensive Mar 19, 2013
I really enjoy sitting on the floor to eat, but the seating arrangements often mean climbing over a few people to get to a table- not good if youre drinking!

The wifi and plug soccets everywhere dont really make the atmosphere as friendly as it could be, but it is nice to have a separate area for smokers and non-smokers.

The israeli food tastes really good, but has made me ill more often than not.. And for the price its really not worth it. The street falafel stall next door is a lot better and about 200 rupees less!

Wouldnt really recommend it, but it does have space to sit large groups and doesnt have loud music drowning out conversation. Very touristy and doesnt offer much Nepali food.
PleaseDontBePsycho PleaseDo…
Excellent Israeli Place Jul 25, 2010
Delish Israeli food in the chaos of the tourist area. Not to be missed. There's a nice area with pillows where you can lounge and eat. Pretty sure they also have wifi. The falafel platter with various dips like hummus, tahina, turkish salad, babaganouj etc. is recommended. It's a very welcomed break from the dal bhat mania if you've been on a trek. The psychedelic painting on the walls seems a tad trite if you've done the backpacker thing a few times - my advice is to get over your pride and embrace the dippy hippiness that the place exudes. Far out, man.
tbk1000 tbk1000
Fabulous Veggie Restaurant in Thamel Jun 20, 2008
I have been to this restaurant on more than one occasion - okay, several times - because it has a really chilled out atmosphere and has a wide range of fantastic veggie food. There are no chairs, you sit on the floor on cushions - so be warned! That is part of the appeal for me because it is so different.

Check Kathmandu Hotel Deals