OK Diner

01244 548297

OK Diner Middlewich Reviews

LordRose LordRose
OK diner Jul 30, 2009
Whilst on the move I try to stay away from restaraunts that have popped up along motorways for good reason. I recall one night my Grandad took me in a little Chef on the way back from Duxford Air Mueseum, one of the waitresses had obviously cut herself out the back because I had blood all over the glass.

And thats just one of many bad experiences I have had. Another was when I sat in a little chef with my Dad and after 40 minutes asked where our breakfast was. Apparently they hadnt even started making it yet. So we left, without even paying for the tea.

As much as I usually stay away from these overrated greasy spoons intregue got the better of me with the OK Diner chain. Going up and down the A1 many times, I often wondered what they were like, so obviously I had to stop to find out.

The place is set up like a typical 50's diner with all the cliche duke box, number plates on walls, crome and Light bar signs. But that it creates a good mood. The staff were all very helpful and cheerful.

The menu has alot of options, being boring I still had the English breakfast, but they also do all the typical american food for breakfasts and meals. It was all cooked really nicely, and Id recommend it to anyone.

The cost is no higher than Little Chef, but it tastes a damn sight better. As a creature of habit, il always stop off. If only these places were as common as MankDonalds. It also comes in American sizes, I can never finish the plate!
NOT MY IMAGE