OEX Dive and Kyak Center

www.oexcalifornia.com - (858) 454-6195

OEX Dive and Kyak Center La Jolla Reviews

sdbleve sdbleve
Great kayak and dive shop Mar 01, 2008
I was exposed to OEX as part of a San Diego Meetup Group. The staff at the shop are top notch. Very professional, personable and helpful. The 20+ person group I was with rented a selection of one and two person kayaks for a 2 hour period. You complete your transaction in the shop, pick up your kayake paddle and life vest and procede to the beach. There you pick up your kayak and head out. The group I was with checked out the caves (we did not enter them), the seals sunning themselves on the beach, and playing in the water. We paddled through the kelp beds and had the opportunity to see a sea lion feeding. It was pretty cool, he was flipping the fish around on top of the water. Playing with it and ripping chunks out of it to eat. Several times while making my way thru the kelp beds, I had sea lions surface a couple of feet from my kayak to check out the human in the funny looking floaty thing. I wish I had my camera...but I was afraid of getting it wet, or worse capsizing and loosing it all together. The group I was with got a rental discount, but the regular price seemed reasonable. If you are in the San Diego area, and would like to get away from most of the usual tourist attractions, try kayaking at La Jolla Cove. And use OEX for your rental needs.

Check La Jolla Hotel Deals