O'Connell's Pub

n/a - 314.773.6600

O'Connell's Pub Saint Louis Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Best Burgers (and Roast Beef) in St.Louis Mar 04, 2010
I had seen O'Connell's listed in a magazine as having the best burgers in St. Louis. Upon checking a food review, I also found that they are also known for their roast beef.

Going to St. Louis to the PBR, my sister and I ate at O'Connell's on a Sunday afternoon, getting there pretty soon after they opened at noon. They were already busy. We claimed a booth in the back corner, and waited for our waitress to come so we could place our order. I wanted to try the roast beef sandwich, which I got with a side salad. My sister ordered a cheeseburger and french fries with a side salad. When the salads came, I was a little surprised. It was lettuce (of course) with salami (a lot, considering it was a side salad), tossed with what must've been a house dressing, topped with a pepperoncini. (It was funny -- when the waitress walked away, Emily made the comment about what dressing we'd like; I guess there isn't a choice. Not that I'm complaining... it was a really good salad). Our sandwiches took awhile, like I said, the restaurant was busy. But, my, oh my. My roast beef sandwich was huge. It was handcarved, chucks of slices. I had ordered it according to the waitress' recommendation: medium with the extra au jus to dip it in. It was absolutely delicious. The meat was mouthwatering. (Take note, though, medium was a little more 'pink' than what I anticipated, though... medium-well might have been a better choice). Emily's cheeseburger was really good, nice and juicy and not too thick. (That may sound funny, but I don't usually like restaurant cheeseburgers for their thickness). It was a large sandwich, though. I can see why O'Connell's burgers are ranked the best in St. Louis. The french fries were amazing. Handcut, with the skin on, fried to perfection!

O'Connell's has been serving St. Louis for nearly fifty years, opening in 1962. An Irish pub, with classic high-backed booths and dark wood interior, it's located near the Missouri Botannical Gardens.
O'Connell's roast beef sandwich
jennjeff1 says:
I want to try this place but I may need to take a Metro from the ballpark area.
Posted on: Mar 23, 2011