O'Brien's Irish Pub

25 Slater Street, Liverpool, United Kingdom

O'Brien's Irish Pub Liverpool Reviews

hanleyscot hanleysc…
Great Irish Pub on Slater Street Jul 01, 2016
This was one of the first pubs we stopped at in Liverpool and I'm really glad we did. It was fairly early in the afternoon and while not packed with customers there did appear to be several locals enjoying their beers.

The Beatles are one of my all-time favorite bands so naturally I was drawn to Slater Street. It was supposedly an old stomping ground for the four most famous lads from Liverpool. Our bartender, Marie, was all too happy to share some stories with us. She even marked off spots on our map indicating places of interest we should consider visiting.

Within minutes of talking to her I knew that I would love Liverpool. She was an absolute pleasure to talk to. If you've read any of my reviews or blogs you know that I am very fond of alcoholic beverages, though I would not consider myself a beer connoisseur at all. Marie was very helpful in selecting beers for me upon hearing what beers I knew that I did like.

The pub itself is fairly small...what I would call charming. The crowd seemed a bit older but I suspect that had more to do with the time of day. Marie gave Claire and myself some change for the jukebox in which I promptly loaded up with some of my favorite classic tunes from bands like The Stones and The Beatles. The crowd seemed to approve of our selections.

I probably could have hung out there all night but it was Liverpool...a city with more bars than people. We had to continue on.

If you happen to ever find yourself in Liverpool I most certainly recommend O'Brien's. And if you see Marie, please give her a big hug for me!
curious_claire curious_…
Great Pub to get a Local Feel Apr 20, 2015
This was the second pub we visited on our little pub crawl around Liverpool and definitely the best pub on Slater Street! We went there about 4ish on a Monday so it was a little quiet apart from a few locals. We walked in and were greeted by a very friendly barmaid. When she realised we weren't from Liverpool she was happy to share her local knowledge with us. We told her of our intention to visit the Beatles Museum but she pointed out that this is the only museum in Liverpool that wasn't free and you can see some Beatles stuff at the free Liverpool Museum. Perfect advice for me as someone who doesn't have a massive interests in The Beatles.

But, the lovely barmaid aside, this pub is very charming, full of locals and has a great selection of beers. I had a more expensive beer which was £3.50. The cheap ones were only £2! As someone from London I was happy with these prices :)
curious_claire says:
Haha I did warn you it was a guilty pleasure!
Posted on: Apr 25, 2015
hanleyscot says:
I think her name was Marie…she liked everything we selected on the juke box except for that HIM song. haha!
Posted on: Apr 25, 2015