O Chateau

www.o-chateau.com - 33 6 24 31 20 18

O Chateau Paris Reviews

kels162164 kels1621…
Aug 08, 2007
O Chateau is a must for any Parisian visitors, and I'm not just saying that because I used to work there!

Olivier Magny, the sommelier behind O Chateau (who speaks English so well and without even the slightest hint of an accent you almost want to slap him!!!) makes these wine tastings fun and memorable! These are not your boring, stuffy wine tastings listing different soil compositions. They teach you the basics of wine and then give you info you will actually use about the different wine regions of France. If you want a strong red? Go south. If you want a more delicate wine- head north. You get the run down of the different wine regions, including what grapes you're drinking!! Olivier is a great host and puts everyone at ease. I guarantee you will have an amazing time and learn tons! I worked with them for 8 months, brought every friend and family that visited and I'm still singing their praises!

You can choose between 3 tastings- a basic tasting with three wines for 20 euros, a there's no way you're leaving sober tasting of seven wines for 50 euros, and an incredibly delicious five wine and cheese tasting for 65 euros. There are wines from all over France, including Champagne, so you really get a good idea of French wine's amazing diversity.

Don't let the out of the way location intimidate you. Due to the crazy success they're having, they will soon be moving to a more accessible place. And when you go, tell Olivier that Kelsey sent you!
Taking a sip...
Santinian says:
Thanks for the review and recommendation. I've booked my wine and cheese lunch! :D
Posted on: Aug 06, 2010
lparisya says:
I will definitely check this place out. I am familiar with Italian and South American wines, but I want to broaden my horizons.
Posted on: Aug 18, 2008
lulusartshack says:
That sounds like so much fun! (My family were vinters before WWII, so I'm kinda a wine nerd.) Totally going to check it out when I go! :)
Posted on: Oct 02, 2007