Nyumbani Hotel and Resort Moshi

Check Moshi Hotel Deals

Nyumbani Hotel and Resort Moshi Reviews

mwafrika mwafrika
Jury is out... Mar 09, 2014
I was going for the Kilimanjaro marathon on 2nd March and had initially booked to stay one night. At the very last minute I realized I needed 3 nights and they were able to make the necessary arrangements for which I was very grateful. A night will set you back 85USD. Location is good – quiet part of town – close to the Impala shuttle / Precision Air offices.

Breakfast buffet is extensive complete with fresh fruits. Dinner was pretty good as well. Kettle and cups are in the room so you can make tea / coffee and there is a fridge

Staff were helpful. I needed to leave the hotel at 6am for the marathon and was set to come back past 10am when they would ideally have finished serving breakfast. I requested then to set aside a portion for me to have when I finished running and they did. Well presented in my room 

The hotel has a great deal of potential. Regular maintenance would not hurt. I had a few gapping sockets in my room and my shower head was also off. There was a broken lamp under my reading table.

Pain points for me (Room 703) were:

• Only one bulb out of a possible 6 was working and the handy man had to come into the room with a ladder and replace after I complained.

• My balcony door would not close. This was not fixed by the time I was checking out.

• Wireless does not work anywhere in the hotel.

If these are fixed - I may stay with them again. Otherwise Ameg Lodge and Impala Hotel are good options – same price range – with more amenities like a pool, gardens…
Balcony