Nusa Lembongan & Nusa Ceningan

Bali, Indonesia

Nusa Lembongan & Nusa Ceningan Bali Reviews

heyjude heyjude
Sweet Escape to the Little Islands Aug 26, 2016
Friday, 31st of January (Chinese New Year) was a public holiday in Indonesia - therefore Indonesian people had a long weekend. I decided to do sweet escape, went to Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan. When I checked the weather forecast, it was stated would be raining for the next 6 days - but the fact the weather was good. Awesome!

Around 8:00 AM, me and my good friend arrived at Sanur harbor - Pantai Matahari Terbit. We bought the tickets, we paid IDR 60,000/person/way for the speed boat. We joined the first boat and the waves were high tide - windy from early morning though. A lot of people got seasick, lucky me - I was fine...but headache, haha!

Took 30 minutes to cross the ocean to touch down Mushroom Bay, part of Nusa Lembongan. Then, we rented a motorbike. In Lembongan everything is more expensive. We paid IDR 100,000 (US$ 10) per 24 hours while in Ubud, Seminyak, Nusa Dua just IDR 50,000 (US$ 5). Anyways, just FYI.

No police in this island, so when we rented the motorbike they didn't give us the helmets. And you know what? All motorbike is not using plate number. We were heading to the hotel. We stayed at Secret Point Hut - Nusa Ceningan, not really far from Nusa Lembongan. The hotel was nice, clean, and by the beach.

We really enjoyed these islands - Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan. When we swam, the water was just awesome - pure, clean, and not really cold. Oh, the food also good there. We ate Chicken Satay almost everyday, per portion was IDR 20,000.

If you avoid being hustled, these islands are suitable for you - meet with locals, enjoy the beaches, meditating, and wonder of His creations. Life is good :)
Mushroom Bay
The view from our hotel.
Secret Point Huts
stacey72 says:
Congratulations! :D
Posted on: Aug 26, 2016
heyjude says:
Thank you very much Mbak Cici, Jeremy, and Lauryl :)
Posted on: Feb 05, 2014