Nuovo Ostello di Bergamo

Nuovo Ostello di Bergamo Rates and Deals

Nuovo Ostello di Bergamo Reviews

ed89 ed89
Feb 27, 2008
I stayed in this hostel for 2 nights after spending a fortnight traveling solo around Italy. As it was my last few nights in Italy I had wished to stay in a hotel to relax and unwind, but I am glad I didn't as this hostel was up to 4 star hotel standard!

The hostel has 2 (maybe 3, I don't know) floors and around 20 or 30 rooms. I paid I think around €13 per night in a shared room with 5 other beds. The room has it's own private bathroom with shower, sink, toilet etc. The room was VERY clean. Lockers are also provided within the room which is accessed by your own key.

Private rooms for couples and families are also available. These rooms have their own balcony!

There were only two other males in the room, a person from France and another from Brazil - both quiet persons or perhaps they just didn't speak Italian or English.

There are vending machines outside the reception which dispense soft drinks and light snacks. There is a restaurant serving Italian dishes but is not open on a Sunday. Breakfast consists of your typical hostel meal (bread, jam, cheese, orange juice, tea or coffee etc.) though they don't mind if you come back for seconds, or even a third helping!

There is also a lounge area with satellite television and comfy furniture.

The hostel looked to me very new with clean white walls throughout and interesting modern art on display.

Outside there are tables and chairs with a shade if required.

There are two computers with internet though both use a weird ball-type mouse which is time consuming and frustrating to use!

The hostel is positioned 20 minutes walk from the center of town. You can catch a bus (I forget the number, though it does say OSTELLO on it) which takes you to the bottom of the hill the hostel is on. From there it's 5 minutes walk to the hostel. There is in fact a bus stop outside the hostel but I never saw any buses drive past it.

What I like about this hostel most is the view. The hostel overlooks the whole city of Bergamo and is parallel with the alta cittá (old town). The view is incredible and is amazing to watch the sunset over in the evening.

Don't expect to find discos and boozed up students here - you won't. But for me it was a great place to put my feet up and reflect on a great time traveling in Italy.
View from Ostello di Bergamo.

Check Nuovo Ostello di Rates and Deals