Number Nine Guest House

Check Phnom Penh Hotel Deals

Number Nine Guest House Phnom Penh Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Number Nine Guest House Sep 07, 2009
Number Nine was the first guest house we got to having escaped the driver we were sent by the last hotel, and as it was pelting with rain, we didn't shop around. Yhis wasn't a major bad thing, as Number Nine is perfectly pleasant and has a really lovely bar over the lake, decent food, and only cost five dollars a night. It's only that your five dollars can go so much further elsewhere.

The bar and the fod are lovely, and the service is nice and friendly. But the room is not as clean as some of the other hotels and there was no shower, and in our room, the mosquito net was torn and the toilet seat was broken. The mosquito net was the biggest issue, over a lake in Cambodia. The rooms were also right opposite the bar so you have to be pretty tired to sleep. The next day, we did a bit of exploring, and found out that fivce dollars is indeed the average price. but there are at least two other places where your five dollars gets you a quiet, more solid room with a functional mosquito net, a nice cold shower and a toilet seat that works. Fr the next two nights we stayed in Smile Guest House, and the Drunken frog or fish or something next door looked nice when we looked around.
Number Nine bar once the rain stop…
The lake.
sarahelaine says:
Yes, tonle sap is the river, but in wet season it's more like an inland sea. I think the boat goes both ways but not in the dryest time of year.
Posted on: Nov 25, 2009
borneonikieta says:
Does this boat go from Phnom Penh to Siam Reap as well? is Tonle Sap the name of the river?
Posted on: Nov 25, 2009
d2amy d2amy
Was not an overnight guest Mar 10, 2009
I went to Number Nine guesthouse in Phnom Penh in March. It's in the heart of lakeside (the backpacker ghetto of phnom penh, so that's got it going for it). I was only there for a drink, on the BEAUTIFUL deck patio over the lake. But to get there you had to walk through the sleeping quarters so I can tell you all about it. Basically, if you're thinking about having a nice, bug free, sleep. Don't sleep here. No air con, shared toilets, smelly like you wouldn't believe. BUT, if you're looking for a good drink, here's the place! The bed looked smaller than average, even for cambodia, and I could tell the cleanliness was non existence, With this said, I need to mention that I was lucky enough to be staying in an apartment complex while in Phnom Penh, so I did not have to face hostels in the city. Although the insides of the place might scare you, the price is very cheap. I believe it was 2 dollars for a single room, so that is always a plus.

Check Phnom Penh Hotel Deals