Number 5 Restaurant

www.number5.co.nz - 09-309 9273

Number 5 Restaurant Auckland Reviews

TYoungTX TYoungTX
Life is too Short to Drink Bad Wine Feb 09, 2005
The sign outside the Number 5 Restaurant reads "Life is too Short to Drink Bad Wine" and they mean it. Number 5 has an extensive list of wines and they are happy to sell wine by the bottle or by the glass. The sommeliers are very happy to help you should you be unfamiliar with New Zealand wines, as that is the most extensive representation on their wine list.

I had a crisp delicious Seresin sauvignon blanc with a rocket salad with smoked salmon, gorgonzola cheese, cherry tomatoes, pears and pine nuts. The combination of flavors was wonderful.

For my entree, I had a beef wellington along with a Martinbrough pinot noir that was divine. The pastry shell around the wellington was flakey and not dried out at all, the pate around the meat was wonderful and the beef was very tender. A+.

Of course I had to try the creme brulee with a glass of port to complete my meal. The creme brulee was delicious with flecks of real vanilla bean throughout.

The restaurant had many different entrees to choose from including seafood, duck, venison and pork, as well as vegetarian options like risotto with vegetables. Everyone in your party can find something to enjoy I am sure.
Number 5 Restaurant, Auckland
Interior of Number 5

Related Travel Blogs About Number 5 Restaurant

Last Night in Auckland
After bidding my parents farewell at the Auckland airport for their trip back to the States, I headed downtown and checked into the Hilton at Princes Wharf.  I got together with three friends fo…Auckland. We all got together at the Number 5 Restaurant and had a great meal with great wine and a fun conversation…

Check Auckland Hotel Deals