Nubb's; de Chocolade Bar

www.nubbs.nl - 020 638 3836

Nubb's; de Chocolade Bar Amsterdam Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Oct 21, 2007
It would be very easy for me to get carried away with the exclamation marks here - I'll try to refrain.

Nubb's is a chocolate cafe in Amsterdam. It's a smidge on the pricey side by local standards - almost 3€ for a hot chocolate and quite a lot for cake, but I think it's well worth the treat sometimes. It serves a whole menu's worth of hotchocolates, cakes, chocolate fondues, and assorted chocolate related items. Don't come here if you're with the sort of person who's likely to fuss about their waistline. The chocolate has been top quality both times I've been here and the surroundings are quite cool.

The only drawback is that the service comes with a slight attitude when you order- whether they're just really busy and tired, there's been one too many drunk British hen (batchelorette?) parties in here or whether they're universally grumpy I don't know, but they were both times I was in there. But the food turns up quickly and at that point you'll get the smile. So I forgive them. The entryways are a bit narrow, but I have seen a lady navigate them in a wheelchair so the accessibility's pretty good.
Amanda says:
Hmmm... I want to go there!!
Posted on: Dec 11, 2007
sarahelaine says:
oh, yes, and white chocolate hot chocolate, and fondue!
Posted on: Oct 24, 2007
Aopaq says:
This is the same place I think you mentioned in your blog a while ago. At that time I checked the web and found one site about Nubbs but it was in Dutch. However, there were ratings and most also seemed pretty good (7-8 prseumably out of 10, if I recall).

Do they serve white chocolate?
Posted on: Oct 23, 2007