Nsya Lodge and Camp

nsyalodge.com - +255 715 271001

Nsya Lodge and Camp Mto Wa Mbu Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Nice Lodge Near Ngorongoro Sep 11, 2011
Located off B144 in Mto Wa Mbu, north of Lake Manyara, this is a great lodge near Ngorongoro National Park. You wouldn't know it from the rather nondescript and unassuming sign from the main road, but it is quite nice inside the main lodge complex. It's mainly a lodge with 10 African banda style buildings available (single, double and triple), but camping is allowed too, and there is ample field space here to find a spot to pitch a tent. Monika and Marek opted for the camping experience ($15), while I took a banda ($45).

The room was perfect for me and just what I hoped for. Plenty of space inside and furnished with locally made furniture. The beds were comfortable and with complete coverage by mosquito netting. The bathroom was modern and well equipped with toilet, sink and shower. The hot water takes a while, but after running for a bit of time it was great. As we had arrived late, there was no hot water in the public showers for my traveling companions, so I let them use my banda and and they were quite pleased as well.

While my friends were using the room, I headed over to the main lodge building and had a couple beers (only a few euros each). The main building is quite impressive with a bar/lounge area on one side and a large dining area on the other side. The ceiling is impressive and spacious up above and overall the place has a nice feel to it. There is an outside sitting area in the front as well with comfortable sofa chairs to look out onto the lodge complex. It is quite a pleasant place to walk around, and there is even a pool bar area to relax in and about.

Overall, I give this place 5 stars all around, and it's like a little bit of paradise set amidst an acacia forest. The well gardened grounds are pleasant, even so it was dry season. The rooms are great for the price and the location is close to Tarangire and Ngorongoro. I can highly recommend Nsya Lodge and Camp for quality, value and location. I had a chance to talk with the proprietors too, and they are very friendly, conversational and helpful with information on the area. It was a good find and we were happy with our stay there.
Sign on main road
Main gate to lodge
Main lodge building
Reception area
sansan says:
Glad For you have happily travel experiences,Looks really is a good place.
Posted on: Jan 15, 2012
joehobo says:
Very interesting...
Posted on: Jan 15, 2012
vances says:
any lodging close to Tarangire and Ngorongoro gets five stars from me!

Posted on: Jan 13, 2012