Now Larimar

Check Punta Cana Hotel Deals

Now Larimar Punta Cana Reviews

sylscay sylscay
All inclusive, beachfront resort in Punta Cana Apr 25, 2013
This was my first time in Dominican Republic and I chose this modern 'wristband free' resort on the beach. The beach is amazing. White sand, turquoise sea (or rather ocean) and lots of beautiful tall, palm trees typical of the destination. The resort advertises as 'wristband-free all inclusive luxury' because unlike a lot of resorts, you do not get a wristband, you would just have to tell a hostess at the restaurant your room number. But no one asks your room number at any bars if they are part of Now Larmiar. It is an interesting concept and it is a part of their philosophy on great service. The staff at the hotel is very professional and polite and you have an option to rate them at the end of the stay when you check out.

The grounds are beautiful and you will see a lot of weddings here (I saw 4 in a week!). It seemed more of couples and newly weds destination.

In addition to the buffet, there are four a la carte restaurants and one of them resos only. The French restaurant is truly exceptional. There is a bar in the lobby, at the beach and at the pools. Drinks are well made including top shelf alcohol, fresh mint for mojitos that grows on the grounds (does not get any fresher).

One huge drawback - Timeshares!!! The resorts (Now Larimar, Secrets, Dreams, Zoetry) are owned by a company that sells 'timeshares' but they are not presented as timeshares when you are first approached but as some sort of 'discount'. The sales people are all over the hotel, same uniforms but they have name tags with 'Unlimited Vacation Club'. I was offered a $100 gift certificate at the spa (worthless, I have not used it) and a discount on future bookings if booked directly with Now Larimar if I give my feedback to the hotel manager and fill out a survey. The 'hotel manager' was one of many sales people and the idea was for me to buy into their vacation plan at the cost of close to $40,000 US for 30 weeks to have the discounted price for a best room if available. I was speechless that a beautiful resort would team up with timeshares and waste 2 hours of my precious time in the Caribbean to sell timeshares. It did take them 2 hours to tell me the price and admit they are selling timeshares. Well on the positive note, the sales person was soo disorganized and uniformed about prices of flights and hotels I cannot imagine they close lots of deals :)

Check Punta Cana Hotel Deals