Notes

020 7240 0424

Notes London Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great place with wine, food and Jazz music venues Feb 17, 2013
The little café Notes turned out to be a great little haven on my walk in the sunny but cold streets in the city center. I felt like something to eat and maybe also a hot cup of coffee when I passed a window that had both food, coffee and even looked amazingly cozy.

At first I got disappointed because they had an unfortunate breakdown on their coffee machine but the place was so nice and un-crowded that I decided to stay anyway. I ordered a salmon bun with a side order salad with chicken and avocado. I had to settle with a coke instead of a hot coffee but I guess it went better with my salad.

The interior of the café was relaxing; in the far end of the room there were a couple of large tables where I picked a corner seat. The table was under a huge glass ceiling with and an enormous lamp hanging down. There were a couple large flat screens playing Dr. No, the old James Bond movie. In the room there were shelves with books, movies and wine for sale. The speakers were playing nice and soft jazz music and there was a nice calm Sunday ambiance, which was just what I needed.

The food was really good and I stayed there a bit longer than I intended because of the laid back atmosphere. On the table in front of me there was a book dedicated to Roman Polanski and his movies and it turned out to be quite interesting. The café is definitely worth a visit and they also do wine, food and jazz music venues there.
My salmon bun and chicken avocado …
Chokk says: