Norwegian Pearl

Miami, Florida

Norwegian Pearl Miami Reviews

mariemak mariemak
Feb 03, 2008
The Norwegian Pearl is spectacular. It was everything I expected and more.

Food: All I heard before going on a cruise was to bring two sizes of clothes because you will gain weight from eating so much. I know that sounds fun to some people, but for me, it was a major turn-off. We boarded around lunchtime and the only option was the buffet, and I was pleasantly surprised to find an abundance of healthy options such as a nice salad bar, veggie sushi and fresh sliced tropical fruit. We tried several of the specialty restaurants and, with the exception of the Italian restaurant (although maybe not fair to say since I was in Rome just a couple weeks before), they were all excellent and offered a selection of lighter fare.

Entertainment: There was nothing disappointing on the entertainment front, but the Second City shows were beyond fabulous. They had one scripted and two improv shows and all three were amazing. There were also some cheesy events that were filmed (whether the participants were aware or not, I’m not sure)…my favorite was the 50s sock hop which was on the cruise tv channel the next morning…I wonder if the German couple who kicked of the twist contest expected to wake up to that?

Gym: This is the nicest gym I’ve ever been to, entirely because of the view! It turns out, I can double my workout just by staring at the ocean while I’m doing it. They also have a refrigerator filled with towels, which I adore.

Layout: The ship is very easy to navigate. There are three banks of elevators so it was never a long walk or a long wait. On the stateroom floors, the carpeting has fish which are swimming to the front of the ship to help with orientation. These small things make the ship seem less intimidating. If you do lose your way, maps are posted throughout the ship and pocket maps were passed out during boarding, and you are never more than a few steps away from a crew member who will be happy to see you and happy to help.

A cruise is far from an adventure on the high seas, but it does seem like a great vacation option for families, those with limited mobility, or those who simply want to be spoiled for a while.

Related Travel Blogs About Norwegian Pearl

Embarkment on Norwegian Pearl
The company picked us up at the hotel (Sofitel in Miami) and we were taken to the port. The embarkment took some time, but it was ok. My parents had booked a VIP penthouse. That's why we could do V…Norwegian Pearl which was a really big ship. While embarking, we met some other Swiss people. That was fun. They seemed nice (and they were kind - we often met them…

Check Miami Hotel Deals