Northern Tea Power

Tibb Street, Manchester, United Kingdom

Northern Tea Power Manchester Reviews

kat307 kat307
Best hot chocolate I've ever had Apr 14, 2012
I have lived in Manchester for pretty much my entire life and one thing I love about this city is discovering new places. I was showing a friend of mine who lives down south around the city centre when I came across Northern Tea Power. She is a big fan of coffee and I saw a sign for great coffee so followed it here. When I went it seemed to be a fairly new place that was still figuring itself out, but had a lot of charm. There are a couple of very large tables that different groups of people can share, and then smaller tables along the walls. It had a very relaxed vibe, lots of people sat alone on their laptops, and the couple sat opposite us were playing scrabble.

I ordered a salami and chutney sandwich, the bread was really fresh and the chutney was delicious. I also had two hot chocolates (I am a rare breed of British people that doesn't drink tea or coffee) and they were fantastic. My friend had two cakes because there were so good, and two coffees, which she raved about. I was so happy to discover this place and can't wait to go back!
My hot chocolate.
spocklogic says:
Looks like a great discovery. Thanks for sharing!
Posted on: Jun 25, 2012
sarahelaine sarahela…
Northern Tea Power Nov 30, 2011
Northern Tea Power is a tea shop in the heart of the vintage clothes district of Manchester.  It’s a very nice place to get a cup of tea or coffee, and is close to the Arndale end of the Northern Quarter so it’s worth a detour from the shopping centre.  Cool decoration and a laid back atmosphere make it a far nicer place to drink than the Starbucks and Costas in the city centre, as does the fact that they bring you your coffee at the table.

Prices are about standard for coffee shops, and there are some really nice looking cakes (alas, I am trying to be on a diet, so I didn’t try them for you).  Service was great, although I was there on a Tuesday.  This is a nice relaxing place for a break.

Check Manchester Hotel Deals