North Carolina State Farmer's Market

(919) 733-7417

North Carolina State Farmer's Market Raleigh Reviews

kingoftheicedragons kingofth…
A Trip To The Farmer's Market Sep 23, 2011
I had read quite a bit about the State Farmer's Market in Raleigh, and as a foodie, I felt this was a place that we should go to check out to try to find some good North Carolina fruits and vegetables. Specifically, I wanted to find boiled peanuts ready to eat (which they don't have, but they did have a few vendors selling green peanuts ready to boil) and Tammy wanted pecans. One vendor had pecans in a bag, but at $8, seemed sort of spendy.

And while this farmer's market did have plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables from the southeast portion of the country, and a lot of things that we definitely wouldn't find at a local farmer's market, I can't say that this farmer's market is that much bigger than other farmer's markets we've been to (and reading the literature, it seemed like it would be). Sure, they have an area for bulk purchases for restaurants and such, and they had a retail product building, and a building for home decorations, and a couple of restaurants, but the actual fruit and vegetable area wasn't that big and sort of disappointing.

I'm giving this 3 stars for one reason: if we lived in Raleigh, we'd probably go here for our fruits and vegetables on a regular basis. If we lived here, it would definitely be great. But if you are coming here as a tourist looking for great local food, it's not as good.

Check Raleigh Hotel Deals