North American Motor Inns

North American Motor Inns Philadelphia Reviews

amy amy
Philly North American Motor Inn = Terrifying Aug 11, 2008
North American Motor Inn: 4444 City Ave. Philadelphia, PA 19131

I stayed at this motel for approximately three hours. It's nowhere near the Philly city centre. Infact, once you get out there, the city is but a distant memory which can be seen far away on the horizon.

If I were to score this hotel out of ten, I'd give it a negative one million. That said, not all of it was terrible...

The staff were so friendly. They completely went out of their way to help me - even after I said that I'd be leaving before I'd even spent one night there.

But that's where the good part ended.

When I saw the bed, I felt totally unsure if it would be safe to sleep in. I was scared of things like bed bugs, unwashed sheets, being murdered in the middle of the night and so on.

After putting down my bags, I decided to have a wander. Nearby my room, I saw what looked like a funeral parlour. I found out as I was leaving that it was actually a wedding reception area - but I felt like my first reaction wasn't so unreasonable seeing as I felt like I was staying in a place with a perfect backdrop for a horror movie....or real life crime scene.

I'm glad I left when I did. A $45 return taxi fare including a tip each day for 5 days would have been a completely unreasonable waste.

The only things I found nearby were, funnily enough, a Saks Fifth Avenue store and a Hilton hotel. I visited both, & while I was in the Hilton, I made a booking to stay at their inner city Philly Hilton for one night rather than stay at the Motor Inn. Once I'd booked elsewhere, I made my escape and didn't look back once!
Oh the horror!
amy says:
Oh definitely. Apple Hostel in Philly was where I eventually ended up & those were my favourite digs by far!
Posted on: Oct 07, 2008

North American Motor Inns Overview

The North American Inns Philadelphia is within 14 kilometers away from Philadelphia International Airport. Nearby local attractions include the Fairmount Park, Philadelphia Art Museum, Memorial Hall, Laurel Hill Cemetery, Strawberry Mansion and the Philadelphia Zoo.

There are 89 guest rooms at the North American Inns Philadelphia. These are well-appointed with free wireless Internet connections, cable televisions, air-conditioning units and telephones with free local calls. Private bathrooms come with shower/tub combinations.

The North American Inns Philadelphia is a four-storey hotel and event facility. This property provides meeting/banquet facilities, a 24-hour front desk, concierge services, a multilingual staff, laundry/dry cleaning facilities and free wireless Internet access.

North American Motor Inns Amenities

• Wake-up Service
  • Meeting Rooms
  • TV
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower