Nordic Walking - Kings Park

Perth, Australia

Nordic Walking - Kings Park Perth Reviews

avatar2010 avatar20…
Nordic Walking Jul 17, 2011
Nordic walking is the walking activity with the special walking pole. It's originally designed for training of the cross-country skiers in Finland (hence the name 'Nordic'). The activity can be treated as the sport program (with the club and instructors as well). If you'd like to find out more, there are free-trial classes available (by appointment). The walk itself is in normal pace (not too slow and not too fast), the difference is to get familiarize with both poles and how to swing them correctly (using the correct hand muscles). I was informed that in long term it can strengthen the back, as well as it burns more calories then normal walking.

The session I joined was in Kings Park, where I met one of the instructor near the parking lot in front of the 'Boab Tree'. The instructor brought several sets of poles. The walking session took 1 hour (return), with continuous pace up to the DNA Tower, then return to the parking place. It's winter time and I hardly sweat, but I think it would be different during summer. After all, it's an interesting activity, as I needed to pay additional attention to my arms swing. However, I felt it's probably a bit light for those who are used to with intensive sports, or it might be just my beginner's opinion over the nice cold winter. If you're interested to try, bring along water and wear comfortable outfits.

Check Perth Hotel Deals